Minoval Update!!!!

i tried the minoval plus pommade and used it all i dont think it was extraordinary growth to me it was just a grease i observed phenomenal growth but mind u i was taking vits, using masketi, minoval lotion, wgo, and greasing my head with frenchees, hollywoods castor oil and minoval plus pommade all at the same time :lachen: i got good growth though even though i was doing too much it was last year while transitioning in my lurking days (sticky challenge) but minoval plus pommade is a good grease its not as sticky as hollywoods' castor pommade. ohhh i never seen that other minoval product with castor oil sounds interesting the pj in me is tempted hum :D

This may have been asked already but can I use this on relaxed hair that hasn't experienced any loss/thinning? thanks in advance ladies

yep u can use it on relaxed hair i was still a permie transitioning when i used the minoval drops i mostly used it on my scalp for growth but its very drying so you can add the minoval plus pommade its an orange grease but it does not have the consistency of a grease but more of a pommade. i mostly use it on my ends so they dont break/shed.The new one in the middle with palma christi i never tried i m really thinking of trying it just for the sake of trying new stuff. the ingredients sound good

it comes in drops so i used to just put it all over my scalp as if i would grease it but you just use a little and then massage it voila i never put it on the hair just the scalp i used to use mine i think everyday but you can use it weekly if you prefer

ekomba said:
it comes in drops so i used to just put it all over my scalp as if i would grease it but you just use a little and then massage it voila i never put it on the hair just the scalp i used to use mine i think everyday but you can use it weekly if you prefer

thanks again ekomba!

ITA because this Haitian lady told me that the Minoval is very drying so she uses it first and then puts the L'Huile Mascreti over that. She also said that sometimes the Minoval is warm or hot on the scalp, so that is another reason she follows with the L'H. oil. Bonjour

Tishee: http://www.minoval.com/? Hope this helps. Let me know how you make out. I gather you are going to try the Minoval. I bought some but I will not be using it until the New Year, because I want to really pust the MTG for a while and I do not trust mixing the Minoval and the MTG. I am afraid there may be contradictions.

Ekombe: Did you ever have any problem with shedding or breakage from using the Minoval? When you stopped using it regularly what were the results? Did you have any adverse reactions like hair thinning or shedding etc? Did you notice definite growth spurts when you were using it years ago? How much in terms of growth in one month did you notice as an increase? And did your hair get thicker back then? Also...how many months have you gone without using it and still it stayed long and thick and kept growing? You know I am the question lady. Humor me. I really am a learner everyday and I cherish opportunities to learn from others. I thank you so much for your replies. Bonjour

Tishee: L'huile Miscreti...Probably someone on the board from Texas might have a hook up in your state. If not, put the word out on the board under a new post. I get mine from a lady in Ohio who goes to Haiti for now, but later, I will be able to get it in Canada, so that does not help you right now. There are many Haitians on the board so ask if any of them hail from Haiti and take it from there. Also try the Swap and Trade forum. Hope this helps. Bonjour

Hey Mahalialee4 , i really did get great growth but i was using it as part of the sticky challenge as it was very drying kinda like surge but makes me think more of alcohol i would then put the masketi and all the other greases on top hahaha people said that your hair fall for me thats not true i was transitioning so my hair grew a loooooooooot but i had to cut cause it was scab hair and if i had permed my hair it would be long i felt like i have gained at least 3-4 inches cant remember the time frame though it was last year but i would get a good 0.5 every 2 weeks but i was also using nutrine garlic poo and nioxin poo/cond i did not observe shedding from the minoval but the breakage came from the 2 textures because of the permed hair i notice my roots would curl, now its been at least let me see i joined in march i think was transitioning before when i was lurking its been around 9-10months i have not used it except when i tried to used it again a couple months ago with the mtg and and the glovers oitment big no no i did notice however when i first stopped using the mtg my ends kept breaking for a week so then again i was using so many stuff back then thats why i have to really isolate everything but minoval can grow lotta hair but u have to be careful with it that u dont turn into a hairy lady haha. Hum thicker yeahhhhhh because when i call my girlfriend to big chop me she was stunned and did not understand why i did not perm the hair it would have been long long long. the reason i transitionned was my hair had thinned a lot as i used to perm the whole thing not just the roots with strength dark and lovely. and the hair was so thined i transitioned for a year and did all those things and minoval and vits and pomades my transitioning hair was so thick but i would lose strands of hair i think my friend say because i had 2 textures but everything had thickened imagine permed hair that is strong but then i chop everything sometimes i regret but if u gonna use the minoval make sure u use a heavy moisturizing oil right after

Ekombe: Did you ever have any problem with shedding or breakage from using the Minoval? When you stopped using it regularly what were the results? Did you have any adverse reactions like hair thinning or shedding etc? Did you notice definite growth spurts when you were using it years ago? How much in terms of growth in one month did you notice as an increase? And did your hair get thicker back then? Also...how many months have you gone without using it and still it stayed long and thick and kept growing? You know I am the question lady. Humor me. I really am a learner everyday and I cherish opportunities to learn from others. I thank you so much for your replies. Bonjour[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Ekomba!!!Now you know I would jump on the "hairy lady thing!!!Girl, we ain't talking mustache and burry sideburns on my nose or anything??????I hope you mean on my HEADDDDD!!!!lololololbonjour

Mahalialee4 said:
Ekomba!!!Now you know I would jump on the "hairy lady thing!!!Girl, we ain't talking mustache and burry sideburns on my nose or anything??????I hope you mean on my HEADDDDD!!!!lololololbonjour

HAahahahah we talking sideburns, heavy brows,eyelashes, hairy legs, arms...

Okay, now the huile miscreti that I am right now putting on my scalp and very sparingly on my hair...looks like a rich honey color, it does not smell like castor oil, it has a sweetish, nutty burnt something smell, is thick like honey and castor oil but does not have that underlying smell that you cannot help but notice with castor oil, but is not greasy like castor oil and it isn't sticky like castor oil. I bought it from a Haitian lady who gets it from Haiti and now on the bottle they have it labeled palma christi....now is this the l'huile masketi, you were using? The lady states that it is NOT CASTOR OIL BUT IS THE PALM KERNEL OIL ... I have the Jamaican Black Castor oil as well, so I guess I am good to go with moisturizing oil, eh, plus homemade as well as the original Wildgrowth. So I will use the lm for a while plus my "recipe" and then see how that goes. Describe Your L'huile Masketi in detail to me please. Bonjour

Yes that sounds like l'huile masqueti, thick nutty smell, dark honey color not sticky and youre right it's not the same as castor oil
it will make your hair grow like crazy too

Ekombe! Now tell da trut and nuttin but about the Hairyscarey business. Did you get any S T R A N G E growth in strange and unusual places? And once you stopped using it, have you had any hair loss or hair thinning? I know I asked that second question before, but I was not able to isolate your answer on that one to determine whether you did or did not...so humor a little lady and spell it out to me...some of us have such inquiring minds that HAVE TO KNOW. LOLOL bonjour

:lachen:
Mahalialee4 said:
Ekombe! Now tell da trut and nuttin but about the Hairyscarey business. Did you get any S T R A N G E growth in strange and unusual places? And once you stopped using it, have you had any hair loss or hair thinning? I know I asked that second question before, but I was not able to isolate your answer on that one to determine whether you did or did not...so humor a little lady and spell it out to me...some of us have such inquiring minds that HAVE TO KNOW. LOLOL bonjour

no kidding wherever hair can grow minoval will make it grow it even gave me some thin airs on my arms and i spare u my underarms/bikini area and all and it can give u mustache if u not careful just be careful where u let it drop :lachen: so yall that let the stuff drop down your neck or on your forehead and face watchout :lachen: i always use a towel to protect my face okay as far as hair loss or hair thinning no i did not notice au contraire just growth even balding sides filled up pretty fast but it s more like surge to me i became sensitive to it after using mtg it started to irritate my scalp like the surge the dryness bur no hair thinning the hair was getting thicker for me full and mind you my thin hair transitioning became thicker but i dont know since my bad reaction to my scalp i dont mess with the minoval anymore neither with glover's oitment 5% they both i guess too concentrated for my scalp i think too strong i always felt like i was putting alcohol on my scalp it contains 2% minoxidil the stuff that usually used for balding so it has to grow some hair (and the million dollar question is BUT WHERE :lachen: nah just kidding not wanting to scare anyone but my scalp dont like it anymore)

Last edited:
wantlonghealthyhair said:
bumping.....any new success stories with minoval?;)

oh wow it s been a long time i remember lol:D i m thinking of going back to minoval and huil masketi i used to get good growth with both of them yeah i m order them soon with the viviscal and monistat3:( hihi i need a boost for the summer:grin:

About 2 years ago I had used it, becuase one side of my hair was shorter than than the other. I was surprised, because within 6 mos. the hair caught up with the other side. My hair is now broken in the middle and I've started using it again. Let's see what happens in 6 months.

Last edited:
Abot 2 years ago I had used it becuase I side of my hair was shorter than than the other. i was surprised, because within 6 mos. the hair caught up with the other side. My hair is now broken in the middle and I've started using it again. Let's see what happens in 6 months.

So were you just using it go get the parts even? How big a difference were they in length, to guage how much growth you got? bonjour

Mahalialee,
I didn't do it to even up the sides. I did it because I saw a real problem. As far back as I can remember, one side of my hair was always shorter than the other and I thought I had to live with it. My hair couldn't pass SL, becuase I was always trimming so both sides would match. Then someone I worked with gave me the rest of her bottle and told me to try it. The growth snuck up on me. I think it was less than 6 months, more like 4, my hair had filled in, plus it was past SL all around. And my hair never fell out when I stopped using it. Now I started using it again for my hair breaking in the middle. I suspect that its this medication i'm on, but I'm sure I'll get great results like the last time.

Mahalialee,
I didn't do it to even up the sides. I did it because I saw a real problem. As far back as I can remember, one side of my hair was always shorter than the other and I thought I had to live with it. My hair couldn't pass SL, becuase I was always trimming so both sides would match. Then someone I worked with gave me the rest of her bottle and told me to try it. The growth snuck up on me. I think it was less than 6 months, more like 4, my hair had filled in, plus it was past SL all around. And my hair never fell out when I stopped using it. Now I started using it again for my hair breaking in the middle. I suspect that its this medication i'm on, but I'm sure I'll get great results like the last time.

Did it cause any drying out of your scalp or funny sensation, and did it change the texture of your hair?

It didn't dry my scalp. One in a while I would get a tingling sensation and that is only becuase i wrapped my hair right after. I think you have to let the solution sink into your scalp before you wrap it. And I noticed the new growth that came in was thicker and stronger.

Back