Miniglide Results (Pics)

pet

Hey Everyone!

I just purchased a miniglide, and my hair came out ok. I originally ordered a Maxiglide, and it did work, but that thing is so big!! Plus, most of you that have a maxiglide your hair is relaxed, and my hair is natural, so I needed to work with something smaller.

Anyway, here are the pictures!

Attachments

• P5300408.jpg
    P5300408.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 135
  • P5300409.jpg
    P5300409.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 90
  • P5300412.jpg
    P5300412.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 108
  • P5310414[1].jpg
    P5310414[1].jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 201
  • P5310417[1].jpg
    P5310417[1].jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 155
Thanks girls!

Guesswho: First I washed my hair with Creme of Nature Shampoo (yellow cap), and deep conditioned with Queen Helene Cholesterol Conditioner. I sprayed some ORS Olive Oil Spray, some Fantasia Heat Protectant on my hair, and put a dab of Dax pressing oil to seal in the moisture before I blowdried on cool. After it dried I braided it up. The next morning I took out the braids and I divided my hair into four sections, and with each section that I flatironed I put a dab of Dax pressing oil, until I was done! Usually my mom presses my hair with a hot comb, and she does a wonderful job, but I thought it was time to start trying to do my hair myself. It took me 3.5 hours! It usually takes my mom 1.5 hours to do my hair. I'm hoping by the end of the summer I can do it in 2 hours.

Yes I am natural, never had a perm!

Wow, your hair looks great! I had the big, clunky Maxi-glide and had decided to stop using it (pulled my hair out) but it broke anyway. I may look into the mini-glide after seeing your hair!

Did they put a temp dial on it? The last time I tried to use the mini glide, it singed my hair off.:ohwell:

DDtexlaxd said:
Did they put a temp dial on it? The last time I tried to use the mini glide, it singed my hair off.:ohwell:

I was gonna ask that too. That mini glide looks just the right size but I don't wanna burn off my hair.

Thank you girls!!

DDtexlaxed - The miniglide still does not have a temp dial on it. I wasn't going to buy it at first, but one of the members of this board suggested that since I usually get my hair pressed with a hot comb, the hot comb is probably hotter than the miniglide anyway....which made sense.

I would suggest, if you already have a flat iron, and you use it at about 350 temp (which most of the 4a/4b members of this board do) then get it, because the miniglide goes to about 394 I believe. Also, use a good heat protectant, and only go over each section twice (that should be enough). Also, if you just want a flat iron for your roots, it's perfect for that as well.

I was even surprised that it came out so well, since I am not a flat ironing expert (I have only flat ironed my hair 3 times in all, where two was with the FHI flat iron).

Your hair looks beautiful. I think I will leave it alone for now. Heat and my hair seem to be at war when I'm relaxed.:ohwell: I will be Bcing soon and starting over. I am loving how your hair looks, though.:yep:

Wow, you hair looks really great! I may have to look into this miniglide for my roots now that I'm trying to stretch relaxers. This may be a better solution than blow drying them :) Thanks for sharing your pics!

Back