Mini Update

Ladyhenri

Just got a relaxer after my 4month stretch. Decided to go bone straight too and now i'm not very happy with the decision. The lady relaxed the roots but i asked her to run the relaxer through my under processed hair too. Then i flat ironed after. My hair has lost all its body.

On the positive side, its close to bsl.
Will DC with heavy protein and do a henna then post couple more pics, don't know if that will help?? Dang:nono:

Help ladies.

Last edited:
Hey, I'm sorry you don't like the bone-straight look, b4 your hair had a fuller look, which I do think is prettier. But listen, you have made fantastic progress since joining LHCF and your hair does not look bad at all, it just looks bone straight. Do not get too frustrated, be patient, and do the things that you know work for your hair, don't go overboard trying too many things to thicken it up. Btw, I love how you did your progress pics in your album, very easy to follow and see your great progress. Why did you decide to go bone straight anyway? Just curious.

Hey, I'm sorry you don't like the bone-straight look, b4 your hair had a fuller look, which I do think is prettier. But listen, you have made fantastic progress since joining LHCF and your hair does not look bad at all, it just looks bone straight. Do not get too frustrated, be patient, and do the things that you know work for your hair, don't go overboard trying too many things to thicken it up. Btw, I love how you did your progress pics in your album, very easy to follow and see your great progress. Why did you decide to go bone straight anyway? Just curious.

I also think it was prettier before. My hair had been underprocessed the last two times i relaxed (in December and April), and its been very difficult for me to manage.
Ultimately, i felt i was losing too much hair as a texlaxed head. That being said, i wasn't aiming to get it as straight as it got.

Henrietta, don't feel bad. It'll grow on you. I did like the fuller hair but what's the point if it's proving difficult to manage. Your hair journey should be fun. I can think of an idol of mine with bone straight hair who looks great and is working it: Sylver! So you do have good company and will find ways to work with it by comparing notes with those who have been there. Your progress is awesome, BTW!

ETA, that should've been Sylver2. :D

I also think it was prettier before. My hair had been underprocessed the last two times i relaxed (in December and April), and its been very difficult for me to manage.
Ultimately, i felt i was losing too much hair as a texlaxed head. That being said, i wasn't aiming to get it as straight as it got.

((((hugs)))) I think things will work out overtime, keep us updated on your progress, looking forward to seeing your bsl pics, which won't be long from now. I think a light trim will make it appear a little thicker too, but if I were you I wouldn't do any serious trimming/cutting until I reached bsl, but that's just me. Good luck Henrietta.

Henrietta, don't feel bad. It'll grow on you. I did like the fuller hair but what's the point if it's proving difficult to manage. Your hair journey should be fun. I can think of an idol of mine with bone straight hair who looks great and is working it: Sylver! So you do have good company and will find ways to work with it by comparing notes with those who have been there. Your progress is awesome, BTW!

ETA, that should've been Sylver2. :D

Thats how i felt too, now i'd kill for half my thickness back

((((hugs)))) I think things will work out overtime, keep us updated on your progress, looking forward to seeing your bsl pics, which won't be long from now. I think a light trim will make it appear a little thicker too, but if I were you I wouldn't do any serious trimming/cutting until I reached bsl, but that's just me. Good luck Henrietta.

Thanks for this supportive comment. Its highly appreciated.

Last edited:
Thats how i felt too, now i'd kill for half my thickness back

Awww...when you see how sleek and smooth your updos and buns will be, you'll love it. There's always something to enjoy whatever the texture of your hair. And you many not be too bothered by frizz on humid days because it won't get so big and create a look different from what you were going for. It's going to be a new adventure. Time to wear styles that those with hair like yours rock with grace. ;)

Great progress...you are almost BSL!

If you do not like your hair that straight, maybe the next time you relax your hair, you could go back to texlaxing (see the thread below) and in the meantime give your hair lots of TLC.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=130600&highlight

=relaxer+to+texlax

Hey thanks for the link. I still want to be straight because i am hopeless at managing texlaxed hair...however i was hoping for a midway point between what i am now (Bone straight) and what i was before (texlaxed/underprocessed)

Hey thanks for the link. I still want to be straight because i am hopeless at managing texlaxed hair...however i was hoping for a midway point between what i am now (Bone straight) and what i was before (texlaxed/underprocessed)

Oh okay, When I would get my hair relaxed bone straight, after a couple of washes...my hair would thicken up some. Hopefully, that will be your case as well. Keep us updated.

Your hair is very beautiful and I too love me some virgin palm kernel oil. I have a bucket and a quarter of it. Great stuff. I used it as a pre-poo today.

Your hair is very beautiful and I too love me some virgin palm kernel oil. I have a bucket and a quarter of it. Great stuff. I used it as a pre-poo today.

I love Palm kernel oil...It makes my hair soo soo soft when i use it as a prepoo.

Thanks for the compliment.x

Back