Mini Update (5 months and 6 days since BC) PIC HEAVY

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
Well I was going to update at 6 months exactly (March 11, 2011) but I've been really bummed about my hair lately; I'm in HYH 2011 so I've put it up in kinky twists, but right before that I was pretty upset about how dry it is, the crazy (non)curl pattern and mostly how short it is! I know you're probably thinking, "girl...you cut all of your hair off! get over it!" but it's just in an awkward phase right now and I'd convinced myself I was a slow-grower, so I've been a little down. Anywho, today I took two of the twists out to do some comparison shots and YAY!! 2.5 inches of hair, or .5 a month, here are some pics:

The BC (I was already 75% shaved because I had a mohawk)
TheBC9-11.jpg

One month post-BC
untitled-1.jpg

And today! 2.5 inches of hair later!!! (the back)
TWAPhase030.jpg

And the front
TWAPhase032.jpg

The front (again):
TWAPhase034.jpg

My 2011 goal is shoulder length...I think if I keep it low-mani, NO Heat through 2011 then I'll make it. I'll probably straighten it for New Years or something. Who knows? I'm always looking for other 2010 BC'ers!!! let's stick together!

Aww don't be down. You will figure things out and your hair will grow (though I think your TWA is too cute!) I bet hiding your hair for a bit will really help you regroup. Congrats on your progress. :D

Thanks, sometimes being in here seeing all of these MBL,WSL, HL ladies can get you down...but I know its just a matter of time!

Sent from my Eris using Long Hair Care Forum App

Shrinkage will always make natural hair look shorter than it really is. Don't go by length, go by health.

^^^ ITA. I BC'd in September (I think around the time you did, but after a 3 month transition) and my hair's looked the same for the same for the past three months. No fuller or longer. When I stretch it though, I notice the growth but overall appearance is the same. I was kind of down in the dumps about it too when I started looking at other people at 5 months post but then I realized that my hair's the healthiest it's been in a very very very long time and that's something to celebrate about.

^^^ ITA. I BC'd in September (I think around the time you did, but after a 3 month transition) and my hair's looked the same for the same for the past three months. No fuller or longer. When I stretch it though, I notice the growth but overall appearance is the same. I was kind of down in the dumps about it too when I started looking at other people at 5 months post but then I realized that my hair's the healthiest it's been in a very very very long time and that's something to celebrate about.

You are soooo right! Even with the dryness, my hair still feels soft and healthy

Sent from my Eris using Long Hair Care Forum App

Girl you rocked the hot sauce out of that BC!! Beautiful!!

You're getting good growth. :yep: It's a process but you're already on it because it's healthy and growing!

Back