Mini but not Pixie :-/ (pics)

FroFab

So while I have been following along with the T4G challenge I wanted to switch things up and give myself a PS that is a bit more long term. I think I can braid pretty well and have given myself single braids in the past many times, but I wanted to try to do pixie braids for the first time. I knew that it might be a challenge because while I have somewhat dense hair, my type 4 hair is fine to medium (especially at the temples and nape). This has resulted in mini braids that require larger partings/gatherings of hair so my braids don't look as dense or "pixie-like" :sad:. But, oh well, they are neat and after braiding for two separate nights and in between caring for a sick child, these bad boys are staying in at least one month.

Attached are pics of the top, back, two length shots, and how I'll most likely style them day to day. I'll probably wet them in a few days to weight them so the braids don't curl (that always happens) and so the ends with curl.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• DSCN1244.jpg
    DSCN1244.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 184
  • DSCN1246.jpg
    DSCN1246.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 166
  • DSCN1264.jpg
    DSCN1264.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 177
  • DSCN1265.jpg
    DSCN1265.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 185
  • DSCN1266.jpg
    DSCN1266.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 164
They look so neat and frizz free. I love pixie braids. I try to get them smaller each time. What did you braid them with and how long are you planning to keep yours in? They look real cute on you and just wait till you wet them. The curls at the end really seal the deal and people aren't convinced that my hair does that on it's own. How long did it take you?

I love it!! :clapping: I did pixies this summer and it was soooo liberating! Lowest maintenence style ever it was awesome:grin: I think you did an awesome job really neat and cute:love2: I retained great length with this style...just beware of ssk's if you have iffy ends:ohwell:

They look really cute! I like them on hair with a decent length like yours and longer because then you can style them nicely.

Really neat!!! Pixies are a huge part of my transition to natural hair... I have them in for 3 weeks before taking them out and giving my hair a break for a week before putting them back in.

They look so neat and frizz free. I love pixie braids. I try to get them smaller each time. What did you braid them with and how long are you planning to keep yours in? They look real cute on you and just wait till you wet them. The curls at the end really seal the deal and people aren't convinced that my hair does that on it's own. How long did it take you?

Thank you. I'd washed and put Giovanni leave-in in and sealed with castor oil to dry. After my airdry plaits were dry I didn't put anything else in but they felt really moisturized. GOing to try for 6 weeks max but at least 4. It took me about 9 hours total.

you know what.....I've been looking for a braid style to wear under my half wigs that I can do myself and doesn't require heat (i love cornrows but i have to blow dry my hair first and get them done by someone else)

i think this just may be my answer!!!

i'm gonna try these next month.

thanks for the idea :woot:

Very pretty!! I can't believe it was your first try. I did some last night on my TWA, wish they can out as well as yours...:perplexed

Back