Milk thing

• Thread starter Thread starter HoneyRockette
  • Start date Start date
H

HoneyRockette

Has anyone ever tried to straighten their hair with milk between relaxers or between braids or are only natural haired women doing the milk thing?

i have used coconut milk and this really helped my new growth soften. i know that this did not work for some ppl but it worked for me. if you are trying to extend the life of your relaxer then i highly recommend this method. this method straightens some ppls hair and for others it just makes it very soft.

The coconut milk and lime solution did not work for me-happy you had good results with it.

I loved it and have pics. Just remember to shampoo and condition after allowing the mixture to sit on your hair about an hour / no heat !

I used coconut milk and olive oil and sat under the dryer for 20 minutes. I got tired and slept in it overnight. Washed it out and deep conditioned. My hair came out really nice. Newgrowth was very soft post 25 weeks!

Lol at the title of this thread
laugh.gif

I tried the whole milk thing, no coconut milk or lime and I noticed no difference at all. Has anyone tried both the regular milk and the coconut and come out with better results with the coconut because I'm thinking about whether to try it or not. Lord knows these roots need a silkenin'
smile.gif

Sorry if this question has been answered before, but how do you do the coconut milk and lime process? Is there a recipe for the measurements and timing? Thanks for any info!!

I tried regular cow's milk on my hair, left it in for an hour, washed it out, but didn't see any difference in my hair.

Well, I just did the milk thing.

Just before going on the product challenge, I bought a can of coconut milk and saved it for the day when the naps would become more visible. That day is here.

I never used coconut milk before and was surprised at all of the solid, white coconut "grease" formed at the top, I guess I didn't expect it. I have organic unsweetened coconut milk from the health store called "Native Forest". The instructions say to shake it well to mix the coconut oil up with the liquid. It also said it only lasts for 4 days when opened. I used about 1/2 the can with 1/2 lime squeezed in it and mixed it up well. I applied it on my new growth first, then the rest I put on my hair. The consistency was more like an oily lotion than just milk. I put the rest in a container and froze it.

I left the mixture on my hair for exactly 40 minutes and then rinsed it out. My hair felt very, very soft, especially where the new growth is (it had most of the milk mixture). The rest of my hair felt somewhat soft and it felt straighter. I looked in the mirror to see. It seemed to look straighter also.

Then I did my usual regime - washed with Nexxus Botanoil followed by Humectress (for 30 min. with cap) then Headress and oils. I did a ponytail rollerset on purpose so I could really tell after it airdried if it was straighter or not. I couldn't stop feeling the softness of my new growth though. I can still see the "hump" but it's a much softer hump that looks like it's easy to stretch out. I'll know later today after my hair has airdried how it really turned out.

My hair looks great! It airdried very nicely and I notice my poufiness from the newgrowth isn't there. Now I need to know how often one is supposed to use the coconut milk and lime. I couldn't find anything from other threads. Does anyone know?

wow yokhurt yo hair looks nice!!girl u change colour more than any1 else i kno!!about the coconut milk thing wud any1 lik to explain how this works and all other details coz i'd like to try it!

Back