Microwavable Cordless Heatcap

Oh, I forgot that I had one of these until I clicked on the link. It was Ok but I wouldn't buy it again and I wouldn't recommend it.

first, it was hard to control the heat you would get in the micro, it was hard to get it hot enough and not too hot.

It is the gel packs that heat up so you have to be careful when you take them out of the micro (might burn yourself) ,

Seondly, I didn't have it for too long becaue in trying to get it hot enough one of the gelpacks broke. I think mine only had 1 big gelpack and it burst and there was no way to repair. I just had to throw the whole thing away.

The gelpack is very much like those gel heating pads that you have to put in the micro to put on a sore back or something.

Nice, idea but I wouldn't buy again unless they vastly improve them. I bought one of those plug in heat caps for conditioners by Gold N Hot and I like that much better.

Dee

Last edited:
Oh, I forgot that I had one of these until I clicked on the link. It was Ok but I wouldn't buy it again and I wouldn't recommend it.

first, it was hard to control the heat you would get in the micro, it was hard to get it hot enough and not too hot.

It is the gel packs that heat up so you have to be careful when you take them out of the micro (might burn yourself) ,

Seondly, I didn't have it for too long becaue in trying to get it hot enough one of the gelpacks broke. I think mine only had 1 big gelpack and it burst and there was no way to repair. I just had to throw the whole thing away.

The gelpack is very much like those gel heating pads that you have to put in the micro to put on a sore back or something.

Nice, idea but I wouldn't buy again unless they vastly improve them. I cought one of those plug in heat caps for conditioners by Gold N Hot and I like that much better.

Dee

ITA, don't waste your money. Mine burst in the microwave the second time I tried to use it.

I agree this ain't for us! It does not work in my opinion. The one that you plug is seems to be the best for me. Heat gets all they way through you hair with this one.

I gave my microwave one away to a women's transition shelter with some other products that I was no longer using.

Last edited:
My mother purchased a microheat cap for me several years ago. I actually liked it, and used it several times. It performed very well for me until I accidentally over-heated the gel pack in the microwave, unbeknownst to me, and discovered as I was wearing the cap that the gel pack was leaking as the hot gel was dripping down on my face!!! I suffered a burn from the gel. It has taken a long time for the scar to fade. It is barely noticeable now, but, it is still there.

Warning: Be *very* careful to not over-heat the gel pack. Some microwave ovens heat more quickly than others, and so it is best to slightly under-heat the gel pack in order to prevent this.

Needless to say, I am very reticent to purchase another microheat cap.

Back