Micro-braids

Dominican09

Hello Ladies,
Foremost, is a pleasure to read you and learn from you - thank you so much! :urock:

Soooo, I am a newbie! I've been transitioning for 24 weeks now. I am not doing the BC, so I am trying to maintain my hair so that the permed section doesn't break off as much :lachen:...I know. So far I have bought some essential products mentioned here:

MT
Coconut oil (I don't remember coconut oil being solid...)
garlic pills
Biotin pills
Chlorella
IC Fantasia Gel
CANTU shampoo and conditioner

The DC that I have are:
Silicon Mix
LA BOMBA (The bomb) - I purchased this when I was in the Dominican Republic in March...they said is good but I've only used it once so far.

Before LHCF I used to go to the hair salon every week...I got tired of the drive... is a 30 min drive...and I got mad at them because they wouldn't wash my hair the day before I went to DR. I told them that I was going to be there at 3 pm...they said no. Yet, they close at 7pm during the week...they suppose to be my friends...since then I let them loose...

Ok back to why I started the thread....since started using the products (a week and a half) this morning I cowash...and finally there was normal breakage!!! :superbanana::superbanana:. Now, I am thinking about put in some micro-braids...I have never had this done before and I was wondering if it is ok to continue my regime of oiling my scalp, using MT and cowashing with the braids? Would they come off? I really don't want to spend money on it if I cant wash my hair at least weekly. Suggestions anyone?

Thanks!

p.s. if this is a repeat please forgive my ignorance...I am still trying to get use to this site.

Last edited:
Yes, you can still oil your scalp/co-wash your hair with micros.

Make sure you minimize pulling and tugging on your scalp, because micros will rip out your edges and nape if they are manipulated too much. And tell whoever does your braids to not braid around the hairline too tight.

Hope this helps.

It also might be helpful to loosely braid/twist your into sections then pile them on your head while you wash them so that the are pinned up and not becoming even heavier once they get saturated with water. I hope this makes sense.

Back