Micro Braids or Weave

Sade

I have a problem...... I am suppose to be going to Bogota, Colombia for three months and I am trying to decide what to do with my hair. I am trying to choose between getting braids or getting weave put in. I really want weave but since I have never had a weave and I am not sure if I will be able to get someone to help me with taking care of the weave I don't know what I should do. The reason I was leaning toward weave is because I am going to be working with at the embassy and I wanted something I can do different things with. Anyway, please please everyone or someone out there give me your imput, should just go ahead and get weave or get braids (I really don't want to do the latter)?You know since I became a member on the forum,I don't want to be caught dead with a bad weave on my head /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

thanks in advance

Sade

are you going to do it yourself?

hm.. 3 months, for the sake of time, i'd go with micros, but you could do the weave and with proper care it could hold up for 3 months. you may need to re-do some parts to keep it fresh though. its up to you!

well, 3 mos is a stretch, but i say weave..only b/c if u get full head, no one will be able to see the new growth, unlike braids..but if u can touch up ur braids ur self..then go for the braids..

Thanks guys for your suggestions.
I don't know how to do hair. So it has to be something I can take care of.

sade, then go for the weave, get a curly style so u dont have to mess with it too much, and get a full head...its the best option b/c u cant see the new growth..

3 months is a long time for weave OR braids--but like asummertyme said, it would probably be easier to hide the newgrowth with a weave than with braids...unless you get kinky twists...

yeah, kinky twists will hide ur newgrowth b/c it is such a natural looking style, so that is a good idea too..

Back