Micro Braid Sew In

LucieLoo12

Has any every heard of this? Its is when the edges of your hair is in Microbraids but the middle is a sew in. Its just a less time consuming way rather than braiding the whole hair

What kind of hair would you recommend for this style.(I dont want straight hair) Natural or synthetic??

If you have had this style please share your experience with it..Thanks!

images

This is just a pic I pulled off the internet..

I have had it done several times. With Wet and Wavy Hair (Zury). All in all I liked it.

Pros: -Time saver 4 hours vs 8-10 hours
-Depending on how good your braider is you can get micros only the entire
perimeter (even the nape ) so you can wear the hair in ponytails.
-cuts take down time in half.
- good protective style.

Cons: -Micros are never a good idea for your edges.
- I would make sure that your braider pays as much attention to the tracks as the
micros. By this I mean that my first install I went to an West African Braider
whose micros were fierce but she couldnt lay a track to save her life. so I had to
have my mom fix it after like two days.
- Maybe it was the kind of hair I used, but over time it gets thinner. So I would
her use up the whole pack of hair for the tracks.

Again all in all I liked it. Will probably get it done again this summer. Hope this helps!

Micros are good on your edges depending on who braids your hair. You must have a good braider who knows what she is doing? I have had micros for years and years and years and have all my edges because my braider knew what she was doing. My braider informed me that those who have no edges are dealing with braiders who are adding too much hair to that little strand of hair they are adding to and the braider is braiding too tight.

Thanks so much! When I braid the hair for the sew in, should I do the braids vertical or horizontal? Or does it even matter??

How long would this style last for you?
Would you discourage snythetic hair?
How many bags of hair did she use on your perimeter? And how many bags did you use total?

Thanks in advance!

I have had it done several times. With Wet and Wavy Hair (Zury). All in all I liked it.

Pros: -Time saver 4 hours vs 8-10 hours
-Depending on how good your braider is you can get micros only the entire
perimeter (even the nape ) so you can wear the hair in ponytails.
-cuts take down time in half.
- good protective style.

Cons: -Micros are never a good idea for your edges.
- I would make sure that your braider pays as much attention to the tracks as the
micros. By this I mean that my first install I went to an West African Braider
whose micros were fierce but she couldnt lay a track to save her life. so I had to
have my mom fix it after like two days.
- Maybe it was the kind of hair I used, but over time it gets thinner. So I would
her use up the whole pack of hair for the tracks.

Again all in all I liked it. Will probably get it done again this summer. Hope this helps!

I agree Microbraids never took out my sides, but i dont get them tight either..If i see little bumps appearing, they are toooo tight :ohwell:

Micros are good on your edges depending on who braids your hair. You must have a good braider who knows what she is doing? I have had micros for years and years and years and have all my edges because my braider knew what she was doing. My braider informed me that those who have no edges are dealing with braiders who are adding too much hair to that little strand of hair they are adding to and the braider is braiding too tight.

Thanks so much! When I braid the hair for the sew in, should I do the braids vertical or horizontal? Or does it even matter??

How long would this style last for you?
Would you discourage snythetic hair?
How many bags of hair did she use on your perimeter? And how many bags did you use total?

Thanks in advance!

Glad to help.

I had my hair braided in a circle, with the tracks laying horizontally across.

It lasts for me 2-3 months (I think it could last longer. I just get bored)

I would discourage synthetic hair. Only because I wanted to use the hair in several style straight and wavy.

I used 2 bags of braiding hair for the perimeter. (This is for the crown, nape and sides) Then one pack for the sew in. So 3 packs in total.

Where can you find the braided tracks? I'm having a hard time finding it online. Especially something that is wavy or has texture (not straight). Do they sell it at the bss?

Where can you find the braided tracks? I'm having a hard time finding it online. Especially something that is wavy or has texture (not straight). Do they sell it at the bss?

The tracks arent braided. They are just regular tracks. It blends with the crown of your head to make it appear that all of your head has been braided. When it is actually only the crown.

I used to do this all the time. Will post pics later...

Mobile phones are sexy too. <3 IPad ain't got chiz on me.

I just got out of class, ladies, Sry for the wait. I used a synthetic brand of hair... I don't remember the name, but it says "Jamaica curl" on it.
I'm gonna try to post pic from my cell... I hope they're not too big.

---- Pics deleted---

Last edited:
I just got out of class, ladies, Sry for the wait. I used a synthetic brand of hair... I don't remember the name, but it says "Jamaica curl" on it.
I'm gonna try to post pic from my cell... I hope they're not too big.

I h8 this pic, but I just want u ladies to see the hair.

Nice hairstyles :)

ManeStreet I've never seen human hair tracks come pre-braided only synth ones. You could braid your own HH tracks yourself but it would be time consuming.

Nice hairstyles :)

@ManeStreet I've never seen human hair tracks come pre-braided only synth ones. You could braid your own HH tracks yourself but it would be time consuming.

I can't find the synthetic ones either. I was searching micro braid weft. Are the synthetic ones normally in the bss?

Back