MIAMI BEACH!!! WHOO HOOOOO!!!!!! (help me out!)

Amber_moon

Im going to Miami Beach next month for a whole week. I plan on being in the water every morning/afternoon, and being in the club every night...

Which sounds great on paper... but doesnt sound so good for my hair.

Show me some styles that will transition from Sand and Waves to Slammin and Sexy without doing too much damage to my hair!

I thank you in advance for your suggestions!

Are you relaxed or natural? I currently live in the Miami area and one thing that I love about South Florida is that you can walk outside with a wet head throughout the year. When I am not in braids, I do a lot of twist outs and bantu-knot outs. Depending on how quickly your hair dries, you could do two french braids (possibly hiding them under a hat) after leaving the beach and then have big waves for the club at night once you undo the braids. I'm sure some other ladies will have more ideas

Thanks! I am relaxed, but not bone straight. (Not enough wave left however to do a wash and go though either)

When my hair air dries it looks like a formless fluffy puff. And it dries within minutes of getting out of the water, especially when its hot!

I was thinking about wearing strictly airdried styles for the next few weeks to tweak options and figure out what works the best for me... Ill try the french braid.

how about a weave? or are you strictly planning on wearing your hair? i'm going to florida in september and um i will definitely be weaving it up. wet and wavy is perfect for florida's weather....you should check out the weave forum. unless...you're only rocking your natural hair...then i dont know

how about a weave? or are you strictly planning on wearing your hair? i'm going to florida in september and um i will definitely be weaving it up. wet and wavy is perfect for florida's weather....you should check out the weave forum. unless...you're only rocking your natural hair...then i dont know

Naw.... Ive been growing my hair out for the expressed purpose of NOT wearing a weave. Ive been dreaming of flinging it around and feeling the sun on my scalp. A weave would be a great idea honestly for protection of my hair... but I really want to experience this trip with my own hair floating in the water on the beach and dripping water down my back while I run on the sand. LOL.

I think I nice bun for the beach. And then take it down for the club and you'll have those cute eaves throughout the head fir it being twisted up for a while..like a huge bantu/bun look. I think your hair has to be on the longer side to get complete waves.

One thing you can do is wear your own hair to the beach, but when you plain on going other places bring a half wig or phony pony tail. That is quick styling and easy. I plan on doing this when I go on my cruise later this year.

Naw.... Ive been growing my hair out for the expressed purpose of NOT wearing a weave. Ive been dreaming of flinging it around and feeling the sun on my scalp. A weave would be a great idea honestly for protection of my hair... but I really want to experience this trip with my own hair floating in the water on the beach and dripping water down my back while I run on the sand. LOL.
oh ok, lol! hope you come up with something. there are good suggestions here.have fun on your trip!

Back