Method To Moisturizing? (Kinda Long)

newsgrl

Hello Ladies. I am a new poster, but a long time lurker! I must say I have learned so much from you ladies about haircare, and it is really paying off! But here is my question...is there a certain way to properly moisturize your hair? I ask this because I moisturize using Olive Oil by Organic Root Stimulator. I rub a nice amount in my hands and then smooth over the length of my hair. However, I notice a few strands (breakage) in my hands after I finish. Not a lot...but just a few. So, should I moisturize my hair in sections...or is this another problem all together? I'm not losing enough hair to make me go crazy, but I want to keep as much hair on my head as I can. Thanks in advance.

newsgrl said:
Hello Ladies. I am a new poster, but a long time lurker! I must say I have learned so much from you ladies about haircare, and it is really paying off! But here is my question...is there a certain way to properly moisturize your hair? I ask this because I moisturize using Olive Oil by Organic Root Stimulator. I rub a nice amount in my hands and then smooth over the length of my hair. However, I notice a few strands (breakage) in my hands after I finish. Not a lot...but just a few. So, should I moisturize my hair in sections...or is this another problem all together? I'm not losing enough hair to make me go crazy, but I want to keep as much hair on my head as I can. Thanks in advance.

Hey newsgrl :wave: welcoming to posting! :lol:

You can try moisturizing in sections. Make about 4 ponytails, take each down part and apply a little moisturizer and be gentle......This will prevent the tugging and pulling you're doing trying to make sure your whole head is moisturized. I know, I've been there...:look:

hth

~op~

Hi newsgrl, WELCOME! I agree w/ onepraying! I put my hair in four sections, take each one down and section it in small parts and apply my leave-in, NTM (Neutrogena Triple Moisture), from roots to tips. I find that this allows me to moisturize all of my hair. HTH and HHG (hope that helps and happy hair growing).

I noticed the same thing would happen to me when I used Mizani's Hairdress. I would apply at night and have several (6-8) long strands fall out. I thought it was the product so I stopped using it and switched to an oil-based product (the Mizani hairdress was water based). I no longer have the problem of the few strands coming out after applying the moisturizer.

Back