Method and Product Review (kinda long)

shtow

I tried something a little different this week. I tried the method mentioned by Traycee which consists of mixing 2 eggs with a DC on dry hair (I mixed with Kenra). I love this! My hair feels super strong. I also tried Pinkskates method of blow drying which consists of pulling the hair down and not using a comb. I used my fingers to comb lightly as I blow dryed also. I really like this method as well. My hair was not so dry and I had way less breakage. Big ups to Traycee and Pinkskates for putting me on:grin:!

I also tried Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat. My hair hated this stuff. I used porosity control before it and after I finished DCing my hair was hard and did not feel so hot. The directions state it can be used as a leave in (like Humectess which I love as a leave in but hate as a DC) so I tried it as a leave in so that I would not be wasteful and not use it. My hair was soft and slick after detangling with Just for me, but when I used the Redkin as a leave in my hair was hard again. I got so mad I rinsed my hair out and used Kenra MC as a leave in.

I have been trying out Hollywood Beauty Olive Creme Hairdress for dry hair for a few days and I love it, dare I say more than my Optimum! It realy leaves my hair feeling super soft and moisturized, especially my ends. I will keep using it and see if I still like it. I will always recommend the Optimum oil therapy but my permanent colored ends are loving this olive creme!
The ingredients are:
Water , Isopropyl Myistate , Soybean Oil , Olive Oil , Stearic Acid , Stearyl Alcohol , Glyceryl Stearate , Vitamin E , Matricaria Extract Chamomile , Calendula Extract , Vitamin B , Macadamia Nut Oil , Vitamin A , Coconut Oil , Rosemary Extract , Sage Extract , Vitamin C , Great Burdock Extract , Triethanolamine , Methyl Paraben , Propyl Paraben , Imidazolidinyl Urea , Fragrance , FD&C Yellow No. 5 , FD&C Blue No. 1

HHG

I tried something a little different this week. I tried the method mentioned by Traycee which consists of mixing 2 eggs with a DC on dry hair (I mixed with Kenra). I love this! My hair feels super strong. I also tried Pinkskates method of blow drying which consists of pulling the hair down and not using a comb. I used my fingers to comb lightly as I blow dryed also. I really like this method as well. My hair was not so dry and I had way less breakage. Big ups to Traycee and Pinkskates for putting me on:grin:!...

I am going to do this next weekend when i wash again and see if I like it.

I have been trying out Hollywood Beauty Olive Creme Hairdress for dry hair for a few days and I love it, dare I say more than my Optimum! It realy leaves my hair feeling super soft and moisturized, especially my ends. I will keep using it and see if I still like it. I will always recommend the Optimum oil therapy but my permanent colored ends are loving this olive creme!

Ohhh I love this too!!! And I just purchased the Optimum Hair & Scalp Quencher too!! I like them both!:grin:

Ohhh I love this too!!! And I just purchased the Optimum Hair & Scalp Quencher too!! I like them both!:grin:
They are both great! I think its the Isopropyl Myistate that are in both of the products. My ends just love the olive creme tho, and I sealed it with (none other than olive oil lol) and my hair was in heaven. It deserved after the Redken disaster:perplexed!

They are both great! I think its the Isopropyl Myistate that are in both of the products. My ends just love the olive creme tho, and I sealed it with (none other than olive oil lol) and my hair was in heaven. It deserved after the Redken disaster:perplexed!

Your hair is so pretty in your picture it has the bling!! It looks so healthy.

Back