Metalex Saved My Hair!

Tru_Mind

Ok, long story short, over a week ago I dyed my hair with a semi-permanent dye, and it made my hair very dry, brittle, thin, and it straightened my hair. I searched the web and I found Clairol's Metalex.

I didn't want to pull the dye out, because I had already gotten most of it out with olive oil a couple of days ago, so I just used the Metalex as a pre-conditioner. I put it on my dry hair and covered with a plastic cap for 30 mins and shampooed it out. While shampooing it out I could feel that my hair was back to normal...it was silky again. Metalex removes product build-up, so I definitely noticed that my conditioner worked better than ever.

I never liked clarifying shampoo, so I will use Metalex when I need to remove product build-up.

I wish I would have found Metalex before I cut my ends. I was trying my best to save my hair.:nono:

Metalex is a castor oil and sulfur mixture. I was going to return it today, but I decided to use it, and it saved my hair!!

I just wanted to share.

No more hair dying for me! I will only use tea or coffee.

You may have just stumbled onto the next LHCF growth aid.

I'm glad it worked for you. When I worked at Sally's the white salons would buy alot of this stuff.

Really?! :lol:

I didn't know. I stopped visiting LHCF hair section for years until this happened.

Thanks for letting me know. :lol:

My mom used to put that in our hair (hers, my sister, mine... all different types of hair), because it maked the hair to grow, got strong and thick. I never really like the smell, but it was wonderful for my virgin hair, and relaxed hair also. I never hearded about that after my mom, i will see if i can find some of that here. I will like to know how my hair behaves now.

^^ Metalex will...is my new staple. :lol:

Nobody told meee! :lol:

So, should I use it before every wash...or just for build-up?

thanks for sharing tru_mind. do you mind me asking where you purchased this from?
tia,
tishee
ETA: I will check sally's for this Saturday or Sunday.

Last edited:
Back