Merlin's Beard I've Finally Found My Holy Grail :)

snookes

And that is the Aphogee 2 minute reconstructer conditioner, my gosh my hair absolutely loves this stuff, it makes my tangles melt to where detangling has never been easier & my hair is so soft & moistured. I have even made a spritz of it mixed with water. I am quite surprised really because it's a protein treatment & I was very weary of using protein on natural hair. And I have tried all the AO, Giovanni conditioning products & non I say none has made my hair feel like this ever. I even think now after 2 & half years I will finally retain more length than the pitiful 2 inches I retain (if that) in a year. And don't worry beautiful ladies I will keep my moisture & protein balance in check as I baggy at least 4 nights a week sometimes more :)

My hair is fine but highly dense & I am natural. Yay

Last edited:
And that is the Aphogee 2 minute reconstructer conditioner, my gosh my hair absolutely loves this stuff, it makes my tangles melt to where detangling has never been easier & my hair is so soft & moistured. I have even made a spritz of it mixed with water. I am quite surprised really because it's a protein treatment & I have tried all the AO, Giovanni conditioning products & non I say none has made my hair feel like this ever. I even think now after 2 & half years I will finally retain more length than the pitiful 2 inches I retain (if that) in a year. And don't worry beautiful ladies I will keep my moisture & protein balance in check as I baggy at least 4 nights a week sometimes more :)

My hair is fine but highly dense & I am natural. Yay

I hear you. I use it in almost all my washed. When I don't do a harder protein

That and the aphogee green tea leave in are a must in my regular regime. But then again, my hair loves protein

I hear you. I use it in almost all my washed. When I don't do a harder protein

That and the aphogee green tea leave in are a must in my regular regime. But then again, my hair loves protein
Yeah I am really surprised that my hair likes the Aphogee 2 minute this much. And I hear you too I've been eyeing up that Aphogee green tea leave-in too lol resist resist ;)

@snookes, how does it compare to Nutress protein packs?

Your post has me thinking to myself, "Gon' on girl, and try Aphogee. Just do it."
Hi @YvetteWithJoy, I am sorry I can't really answer that as I have never tried the Nutress protein packs, in fact I've never even heard of it lol until now. Also I live in the UK & we don't even have half the choice as you Americans have of all the wonderful products I hear about on here & if we do it's more expensive. Well am presuming that you are American lol ;)

Ps yes defo give Aphogee a go you have nothing to lose ;) ;) ;)

Last edited:
Hi @YvetteWithJoy, I am sorry I can't really answer that as I have never tried the Nutress protein packs, in fact I've never even heard of it lol until now. Also I live in the UK & we don't even have half the choice as you Americans have of all the wonderful products I hear about on here & if we do it's more expensive. Well am presuming that you are American lol ;)

Ps yes defo give Aphogee a go you have nothing to lose ;) ;) ;)

It's a curse, all these product choices, I tell ya! A curse! :lol:

Aside: What do yo use that you like a lot?

It's a curse, all these product choices, I tell ya! A curse! :lol:

Aside: What do yo use that you like a lot?
Lol that's funny, yes way too much choice. Well as you already know I like the Aphogee now, also the Jane Carter nourish and shine & AO GPB. Also my shea, mango & avocado whipped butter mix :)

Ps I would really love to try the Shescentit range & also the black vanilla by Miss Jessie I think it is lol

Last edited:

What is your hair porosity-i'm learning a lot about this actually and never gave it much thought.

The 2 minute used to work WONDERS for me back in the day when I was all about moisture. I've learned that bc I have low porosity its important for me to clarify. Often times, in the past a product would work really well and then it wouldn't work anymore (it was due to product build up).

I saw aaaallll of that to say, also take your porosity into consideration and possibly your entire regimen for that day. Did you have oils on your hair already? Did you use a clarifying shampoo or not?

Oils on your hair and shampooing can make a world of a difference in addition to the 2 minute.

Happy hair growing love.

What is your hair porosity-i'm learning a lot about this actually and never gave it much thought.

The 2 minute used to work WONDERS for me back in the day when I was all about moisture. I've learned that bc I have low porosity its important for me to clarify. Often times, in the past a product would work really well and then it wouldn't work anymore (it was due to product build up).

I saw aaaallll of that to say, also take your porosity into consideration and possibly your entire regimen for that day. Did you have oils on your hair already? Did you use a clarifying shampoo or not?

Oils on your hair and shampooing can make a world of a difference in addition to the 2 minute.

Happy hair growing love.
@bklynLadee Hi sweetie thank you for your post. I have some low porosity & some normal porosity also.

I actually clarify at least once or twice a month & clarified just before I used the Aphogee 2 minute. I was deciding whilst my hair was wet whether to use either Giovanni smooth as silk deeper moisture conditioner or Aubrey Organics GBP or White Camellia lol. But grabbed the Aphogee instead. Glad I did :)

@snookes, how does it compare to Nutress protein packs?

Your post has me thinking to myself, "Gon' on girl, and try Aphogee. Just do it."

I know you didn't ask me, but I've used both. I'm relaxed and prone to protein overload. The Aphogee is nice, but I use Nutress religiously. I use it the day before getting my hair relaxed and also as the mid-step treatment. I also gave a packet to a white lady who bleaches the mess out of her hair and also to my sister who is natural. They also loved it.

Nutress has awesome moisturizing properties. I also love the Aphogee Green Tea - there's nothing like it!

I know you didn't ask me, but I've used both. I'm relaxed and prone to protein overload. The Aphogee is nice, but I use Nutress religiously. I use it the day before getting my hair relaxed and also as the mid-step treatment. I also gave a packet to a white lady who bleaches the mess out of her hair and also to my sister who is natural. They also loved it.

Nutress has awesome moisturizing properties. I also love the Aphogee Green Tea - there's nothing like it!

Thanks so much!

Back