• Yes

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • No

Votes: 26 76.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
Just wondering if a guy that you are feeling has one, would you still be with him, or not.

Even if you don't post a responds please vote.

Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure how to vote. Is this person being treated for the mental illness?

I have clinical depression. I'm being treated via therapy + meds. For the past year or so, it's been completely under control, so I don't think it affects my life in any particular way right now. My mood is stable, I'm fairly content, and I'm a productive member of society.

I would hate to think that someone wouldn't date me because they have some preconceived notion or stereotypes about mental illness. Besides that, I am a wonderful person.

No... I wouldn't be with him. I've dealt with people with mental illnesses before and it's definitely something that I cannot handle.

Sure! Why not! Its fun dating a different person everyday! Variety is the spice of life!

LOL :grin:

My answer is: No, I'm very sorry, but there are so many problems that can arise in a relationship regardless...add mental illness to that and it may become very difficult.

Sure! Why not! Its fun dating a different person everyday! Variety is the spice of life!

LOL Gin. Thats what I'm talkin about I love the siggy! Oh I have dated a guy who was bipolar, you never knew what was going to happen next, so it was interesting.

All mental illnesses are not created equal.

It would depend on which one it is. I've was treated with clinical depression which is hard to deal with. it can be very ugly but it can be brought under control. SO luckily never kicked me to the curb because of it, and have to say i wouldn't kick him to the curb for it either.

Now if he was like Sybil that would be something else and where i'd have to draw that line.

-A

I'm not sure how to vote. Is this person being treated for the mental illness?

I have clinical depression. I'm being treated via therapy + meds. For the past year or so, it's been completely under control, so I don't think it affects my life in any particular way right now. My mood is stable, I'm fairly content, and I'm a productive member of society.

I would hate to think that someone wouldn't date me because they have some preconceived notion or stereotypes about mental illness. Besides that, I am a wonderful person.

You would still be a winner (date able) in my book. No homo intentions, just saying. You recognized something was not quite right and you have taken steps to get help. You are not the norm.

Despite the information that is out there, there is still a stigma about mental illness. Our folks in general tend to think there is something wrong with seeking help.

I remember when I was in therapy, my Momma told me not to divulge certain info to my therapist. I know what she meant and understood the meaning behind it, but what good is the therapy if I can't get all my feelings out.

With that said on the other side of the fence, I was in love with a gentleman that was not only mentally ill he was also a drug addict. This man was Baker Acted out of my house at least five times. He threatened to kill himself, cut himself and all kinds of stuff. He was extremely sick, but somehow when he got to the hospital, he was fine. They sent him home with meds once.

By the time me and his Mom were able to get him to agree to treatment, the **** at the mental health clinic was so rude and difficult, he ended up going off on her. She wanted to speak to him alone w/o his Mom but was rude and nasty about it. He said, " Of course I have drugs in my system. Let's go! I'mma about to go home and smoke me a joint!" :nono::ohwell: That was that.

Yes, it took me a long time to get away from him. When it came down to him or my kids, his ass had to go. There is so much that went on...I carry guilt til this day.

I still say it does not automatically bar someone from being able to date. I wouldn't because of my past experience, but it depends on their situation.

Just wondering if a guy that you are feeling has one, would you still be with him, or not.

Even if you don't post a responds please vote.

Thanks in advance!

Is this the same person who you made the other threads about? If so I would say you should stay away from him, he seems to have too many major flaws. JMHO :yep:

My aunt dated a bipolar man that she knew from childhood. They reunited after my Uncle (her husband) pasted away from Cancer. In my opinion they stated dating waaayyy to soon...(thats not \my business tho) Long story short, they dated/lived together approx. 1 year.

Disclamer... I dont have all the details... no one knows. But one morning they woke up, Left the house as usual... him taking her to work to have/drive her car around all day... and I get a call saying that they found her car with her shot in the head 3x and then he shot himself. Bloodbath at the end of their block in front of her mailbox.

My answer, nope, not a chance.

I dont care what you got. If you messed up in the head I dont want you. Depressed, suicidal, homicidal, schizophrenic, bi-polar, manic, substance abuse, etc. I dont want you. I dont need any extra drama, neediness or sickness in my life (plus that is is genetic). If it comes later on after a relationship has started... MAYBE Ill stick around. And thats a weak maybe.

My aunt dated a bipolar man that she knew from childhood. They reunited after my Uncle (her husband) pasted away from Cancer. In my opinion they stated dating waaayyy to soon...(thats not \my business tho) Long story short, they dated/lived together approx. 1 year.

Disclamer... I dont have all the details... no one knows. But one morning they woke up, Left the house as usual... him taking her to work to have/drive her car around all day... and I get a call saying that they found her car with her shot in the head 3x and then he shot himself. Bloodbath at the end of their block in front of her mailbox.

My answer, nope, not a chance.

^^^I'm sorry to hear this, so sad.

I would NEVER date a man with a mental illness. I don't care if he is on meds, no thank you, I will pass.

Back