Men you work with?

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
Is it good to date people you work with? I did. Some good experiences, and some bad! What do ya think?

Is it good to date people you work with? I did. Some good experiences, and some bad! What do ya think?

I dated someone I worked with and it was pretty good initially. Especially since he was the boss. We had fun but kept it professional at work. It happened pretty fast it seems to me. I was his personal assistant and we would work long hours together. Sometimes 10-12 hours a day. After work we'd get a bite to eat. And he would share things with me about his life and we had a lot in common. From then on, we discovered we liked each other and started dating on the super hush.

He was a nice guy but I left the job after three months of dating and started working elsewhere because he couldn't keep his hands off of me and I didn't want people thinking I was getting extra perks. I broke up with him about 9 months later because I slowly discovered he was such a momma's boy! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I did it. It wasn't that bad. We didn't work together the entire time we dated which is how i think it lasted. we didn't end up together, but for unrelated reasons. He was a great guy, just not my great guy.

I have a friend who is actively dating her coworker, as in they work everyday(pretty much together), and then he stays over just about every night. :spinning: For me that would be wwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaayyyyy too much contact, but she seems to enjoy it. I think it just depends on the person.

In my experience HELL NO! I regret the relationship I started at work. We were together several years, lived together and worked together. After we broke up I still had to see him. I vowed never to speak to him again and I didn't, even though he still tried to talk to me I just ignored him. Thank goodness it was only for a few months because the whole center got laid off (best thing that every happened to me). I'll never date a coworker ever again.

Depends how closely you work together.
Depends on how mature you both are.
Depends on if there is a possible conflict of interest present.
Depends on if favors could be given or misconstrued.

DONT DO IT!!!!
Cuz if you two breakup things will be VERY awkward and everyone in the office will know you biz and start gossping.

My best friend is getting married to a man she works with, so it does work out sometimes. I would have reservations about getting involved with a coworker, esp if I work closely with him everyday. I guess you can't help who you fall in love with though. I think if I was to get serious with a coworker, one of us would eventually have to find another job.

Luckily for me, my office is mostly female and the men who are here are older and married.

:nono::nono::nono::nono:
bad, bad, bad, bad, bad
i can not stress that enough.
i dated a guy i work with. we had a good relationship. we were happy until he left for his baby mama.
things got so bad between us that we never spoke even when he was my reliefe. when he would say hi i would walk away.
everyone knew about us so others got involved (which is never good).

we broke up over a year ago and just started back talking on good terms three weeks ago. and even still you can tell we both struggle.

Back