Men Who Say "hey Girl, What's Up?"

L.Brown1114

I'm on tindr and it seems only the white men do it and I don't like it. Is it just me?

It's like a mix of me thinking "are you secretly gay?" Or "are you saying girl because I'm black and for some odd reason think I'll like it?" I've heard this in real life from white guy friends as well and it irks my nerve every time but they are guys who weren't hitting on me so I never truly analyzed it until now.

Does this happen to you? If so does it annoy you? Or do you think it's a different reason?

I don't use Tindr or other dating apps/site so I haven't come across this. Sounds like it's because you're black, he's heard one too many RnB and rap songs, and thinks that's what we like and are used to from black guys.

That or they took some tips from 90's boy bands. Either way, I couldn't take them seriously. It would be like a real life 2Gether music video.

I only find “hey girl!/hey boy!” acceptable when it's used by one of us. It's like a black classic. I don't really like it from any other race especially from white men of a certain age. I have corrected people on more than one occasion who call me “girl” like we're familiar. I don't like it and correct them to let them know they don't know me and to respect me as a stranger (if that makes sense). I have never been on tinder but I don't feel like that's an excuse. I still expect a respectful approach.

I don't like for men to address me that way. Years ago an older, white male co-worker addressed me in that manner. I ignored him.

I'm on tindr and it seems only the white men do it and I don't like it. Is it just me?

It's like a mix of me thinking "are you secretly gay?" Or "are you saying girl because I'm black and for some odd reason think I'll like it?" I've heard this in real life from white guy friends as well and it irks my nerve every time but they are guys who weren't hitting on me so I never truly analyzed it until now.

Does this happen to you? If so does it annoy you? Or do you think it's a different reason?

Don't fall for it, they are already generalizing you/stereotyping you based upon you being a BW. If you down with being a black fetish/sexualized object, keep falling for it, or just ignore it.

Back