Men who are eager to get married?

StarScream35

My girlfriend met this dude online. She has only known him for two weeks and he wants to get married and have kids within a month or 2 because he says she is his soulmate and he has been praying for her. Get this, she is gonna do it. I'm like wtf!

I would slow it down, but keep him around. I wouldn't have the child immediately either.

I was in a similar situation (well, not really... guy was normal :lol:), but I had so many second thoughts it was like pointless to keep it going.

Simply not compatible, but we would have made pretty black babies.

Ummmm....I know we've been talking about not allowing yourself to fall into relationship purgatory but there is a happy medium between a relationship-go-no-where and marrying a potential psychopath. I believe in the six month mask. There is a quote by Nathaniel Hawthorne that says: “No man, for any considerable period, can wear one face to himself and another to the multitude, without finally getting bewildered as to which one is true.”

I believe it is at this point that people begin to show their true colors because they have an increasingly difficult time hiding who they are. My advice - wait for the mask to come off and see what's behind it.

LOL

Marriage AND kids within a month, or two. What is he up to lol. Good luck to her, but I cant trust men that quick and need to practice discernment at least. He could be a woman beater for all she knows. Hope she does some checks on him before going ahead just in case.

Hmmmm.
Sounds like the beginning of every episode of "Who the Bleep Did I Marry?!" Especially the ones where the guy turned out to be a bigamist, have financial troubles (he was seeking a woman's income to fix), a liar, a sociopath, and too many other problems to remember.

Bottom line, we ALL need time to "get to know" someone. If someone doesn't even know how someone will handle a crisis,....that's not a good thing.

No one wants to learn when they are diagnosed w/cancer, that they are with a man that will leave them at that very time. But this is the chance we take, when we don't truly take the time to LEARN about someone, first.

I noticed guys online are so eager to get married. It's so weird, they are downright thirsty. I find it so amusing. You would have thought they had one week to live and marriage was on their bucket list or something. There happens to be a lot of weirdos online too. I think he's confusing that high you get when you meet someone new with love.

Last edited:
Ummmm....I know we've been talking about not allowing yourself to fall into relationship purgatory but there is a happy medium between a relationship-go-no-where and marrying a potential psychopath. I believe in the six month mask. There is a quote by Nathaniel Hawthorne that says: “No man, for any considerable period, can wear one face to himself and another to the multitude, without finally getting bewildered as to which one is true.”

I believe it is at this point that people begin to show their true colors because they have an increasingly difficult time hiding who they are. My advice - wait for the mask to come off and see what's behind it.

I think this is the freakin best advice I've heard in a very long time
letskeepntouch

Brighteyes35 said:
My girlfriend met this dude online. She has only known him for two weeks and he wants to get married and have kids within a month or 2 because he says she is his soulmate and he has been praying for her. Get this, she is gonna do it. I'm like wtf!

He is saying that to get in her pants. Tell her to run! I wasted two years because he told me what I wanted to hear :look:

Back