Men Just Don't Understand This Hair Thing

I've been told I could open my own beauty supply store with all of the stuff I have :lol:.

Awwww, all of your stuff can fit on one shelf. That's cute. :babyg: :lol:...

Last night, my husband was in the bathroom getting something from the middle shelf. He usually ignores the top shelf b/c nothing up there concerns him (all of it is my hair products). For some reason, he happened to look at the top shelf last night & he exclaimed, "Oh, my God." He asked me why do I need to have so much conditioner & why do I need to have so many products?

I don't have a lot of products, especially compared to the amount of stuff I see on this board. Plus, I don't even use a lot of that stuff (i.e., the Burt's Bees condish & the Burt's Bee's Pre-Shampoo hair treatment). Some of the other stuff, like the Better Braids Unbraid Spray & the Fantasia IC Tea Tree Shampoo only gets used when I have braids, which is normally in the summer & I plan on cutting that out except for when we go to a warm climate.

He said that all I need is one bottle of shampoo & one bottle of conditioner. I asked, "well, what about putting something on my hair after I've washed it?" His response was "you don't need that."

I've attached pics to show you guys "all" the products he's talking about.

P.S.: I'll put the second pic in the following post b/c the computer is only letting me upload the first one right now.

JUST WAIT ....WHEN YOUR HAIR STARTS GROWING DOWN YOUR BACK !!!! HE'LL BE THROWING MONEY AT YOU ASKING DO YOU NEED SOME MORE :yep::yep::yep:

You have nothing compared to the stash I have in my linen closet, under the bathroom sink, under the kitchen sink, on top of my refrigerator, and the tote in my bedroom. Don't pay your husband any mind. Mine used to always ask me why I was starting to use all of these products in your hair and are you looking at hair again on the internet. But know since he has seen me grow my hair from a twa to shoulder length he does not complain anymore about all of my products. All he says is wow your hair is getting long!!!

you have almost NOTHING compared to what i have. granted i share my stuff with my mom and dad but still. he is lucky to have you lol. i would go crazy if i lived close to karens body beautiful. shoot, i went crazy when they opened a carols daughter store around here, never mind the fact that they sale her stuff in sephora and we have several of those.

Hmm...I'm guessing he would think that my 2 huge bins of hair products in the closet are a bit excessive, huh?:grin:

You have a bin, I have a closet the dresser at my sink a cubboard in my bathroom and under one of the double sinks in the master bath.

I could talk about all the hair tools like dryers, blow dyers, curling irons, Pibbs 514....but I won't:lachen:

I know I am a novice though, some of you ladies really could hold your own store at a swap meet and not miss half of what you have....I'm just sayin.....:blush::perplexed:grin:

I literally looked at your 'stash', and went "where's the rest?!" :lachen:

Me Too:grin:

Plus I noticed that they are mostly very reasonably -if not low- priced items.
Only a few pricey brands in those pics.

My husband would be happy if that's all I had in the closet. :spinning:

Don't even argue about it. Does he like your hair? :yep:
Then just let him make some noise and keep on keepin' on.

Sometimes you just have to dance the dance.:bdance:

Back