Memphis Ladies

klb120475

Hey Memphis ladies! I'm branching out visiting churches in the area. PM me if you know of a local church my kids and I can visit.

Preference:
I don't care for all that whooping and hollering.....I like a pastor that after he brings the Word..I know without a doubt he's hearing clearly from the Lord.:grin:

I am holy ghost filled (speaking in tongues , and trying my best to dance in the spirit...:lachen:) so a Spirit filled church is a must.

I am a female minister so....a church that believes in "allowing" women in the pulpit is a must.:spinning:

I'm not moved by the numbers of a church...so just because the church is a local "mega" church...won't mean much to me. I'll think the same of a new ministry with 5 members if the spiritual leadership is on point.:yep:

Uh...I think that's it. I'll let you know if I left anything out.:rolleyes:

Oh....one more thing....ya'll know I likes to laugh so...I prefer a church were folks won't be looking at me crazy cause Lachen sitting next to me.:look:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Well I will be definitely frequenting this thread because I recently left my church and now just visiting. I have been earnestly praying for a church home. I am recovering now from knee and pneumonia, so I will be back in the saddle soon. I can tell you two that I visited before my surgery and that was new beginnings (yada yada) cogic on kirby near shelby drive. That was a nice church and st. stephens baptist on singleton pkwy (covington pike). Hope that helps. Both were nice but my hubby was not feeling the last one.

KLB & Meredith,

My family attends St. Andrew's AME church. They have been members for as long as I've been alive. KLB, I think you know my age...no need to tell it. Anyway, I've been numerous times and they made me wish I lived there. Check it out at least once. Lots of kids and everybody treats you like family. The Pastor is Rev. Robinson. His wife and my aunt have the same name. They are family friends. They are really nice people. They will make it a point to know your name before you leave.

I get confused with that one, is it the one on mclemore or s.parkway. I get two churches mixed up all the time. But if its the one on s.pkwy someone invited me there just a few weeks ago. It sounds like a great church. I also heard good things about the one on mclemore, my bil use to be associate pastor there until he left to start his own ministry. I am sure to visit the one on parkway though. Thanks.
Meredith

KLB & Meredith,

My family attends St. Andrew's AME church. They have been members for as long as I've been alive. KLB, I think you know my age...no need to tell it. Anyway, I've been numerous times and they made me wish I lived there. Check it out at least once. Lots of kids and everybody treats you like family. The Pastor is Rev. Robinson. His wife and my aunt have the same name. They are family friends. They are really nice people. They will make it a point to know your name before you leave.

Hey chick! Yep, I've been to St.Andrew's.....great church!

I've recently been invited to greather cathedral (name may or may not be correct) off james rd. I heard good things about the church. Also, goto streaming faith and look for local churches and see what they have in the archives to see if you like it or not.

I've recently been invited to greather cathedral (name may or may not be correct) off james rd. I heard good things about the church. Also, goto streaming faith and look for local churches and see what they have in the archives to see if you like it or not.

Thanks!:grin:

Back