Memphis ladies please help

mrsmeredith

Where are some non asian bbs besides beauty & beyond and sallys? I drove everywhere I could think of in the hickory hill and east memphis area looking but no luck. I began boycotting in the beginning of last year and had a good stock pile of certain products but now running low, it seems to me that only the asians carry certain products.

Any suggestions?

Thanks ladies. I am looking for Vitale relaxer or Relax with leisure relaxer both in the tubs. They are made by the same company and offer similiar results. Letitia where in MS, on goodman road? I planned on calling a friend in MS and asking her about bbs in that area. I will even travel to AR.

mrsmeredith said:
Thanks ladies. I am looking for Vitale relaxer or Relax with leisure relaxer both in the tubs. They are made by the same company and offer similiar results. Letitia where in MS, on goodman road? I planned on calling a friend in MS and asking her about bbs in that area. I will even travel to AR.

I will see if Eyunka can post it for you tomorrow. I have been once and I really can't give good directions. Keep your eyes posted tomorrow.;)

It is a black owned bbs on Brooks Rd. but I cant remember the name. My mom (who is a stylist) goes there for Kera Care products. I will call her and ask tomorrow.

Thanks, eyunka did pm about the one on goodman and elvis presley. I will go there later on this evening. Krissy also let me know about the one on brooks road as well. Thanks again.

mrsmeredith said:
Thanks, eyunka did pm about the one on goodman and elvis presley. I will go there later on this evening. Krissy also let me know about the one on brooks road as well. Thanks again.

Okay, so where is the one elvis presley?

Ladies, Ladies, Ladies, how much do I love the ladies of lhcf? I went to the place on goodman road and hwy 51 and got all my products. When I pulled up as usual I have my daughter get out and see who's behind the counter or mainly in the store and when she saw aa's she screamed outside the store in excitement and gave me the thumbs up (she was tired of looking in every bbs we drove past). By the time I made it in there the cashier and owner I guess were talking about my dilema:). They were very very nice and said that there are only 2 aa bbs left in the tri state area:(. Please go there and support them. I am so thankful, you can't realize how much I appreciate the help in finding a bbs that was none asian. Thanks letitia for contacting eyunka, you are a godsend.

V & M Beauty Supply on Goodman Road and Hwy 51

Well I must admit the store is small but it has pretty much everything you will need though. It had all that I was looking for. ALso their duo tex was cheaper than at sallys bbs.

glad you were able to find the bbs.:)

mrsmeredith said:
Ladies, Ladies, Ladies, how much do I love the ladies of lhcf? I went to the place on goodman road and hwy 51 and got all my products. When I pulled up as usual I have my daughter get out and see who's behind the counter or mainly in the store and when she saw aa's she screamed outside the store in excitement and gave me the thumbs up (she was tired of looking in every bbs we drove past). By the time I made it in there the cashier and owner I guess were talking about my dilema:). They were very very nice and said that there are only 2 aa bbs left in the tri state area:(. Please go there and support them. I am so thankful, you can't realize how much I appreciate the help in finding a bbs that was none asian. Thanks letitia for contacting eyunka, you are a godsend.

krissyprissy said:
The one on Brooks road is called After Effects.

Now how in the world did I forget about the one on Knight Arnold Road. They are good and carry harder to find salon brands also. It's at Mendenhall and K.Arnold Road. I only thought about it now because it was called After Effects but I think TSU said the name changed. That is where I buy my Eluence and Dudley. (but they have Kera Care also)

Last edited:
mrsmeredith said:

I am so glad you found what you were looking for. ;) Now, I could drive there But, I couldn't tell you exactly how to get there. lol I am glad you got direction from Eyunka! Thanks Eyunka.

Letitia said:
Now how in the world did I forget about the one on Knight Arnold Road. They are good and carry harder to find salon brands also. It's at Mendenhall and K.Arnold Road. I only thought about it now because it was called After Effects but I think TSU said the name changed. That is where I buy my Eluence and Dudley. (but they have Kera Care also)

Yep, they now call themselves "Essentials." I'm gonna hit them up again for more Elucence before school starts.

TSUprincess04 said:
Yep, they now call themselves "Essentials." I'm gonna hit them up again for more Elucence before school starts.

So is that another bbs store besides the two already mentioned? I didnt see anything on knight arnold but beauty and beyond (not asianed owned but middle eastern). Do tell about essentials.

Essentials is right across the street from the grocery store (Piggly Wiggly) in the shopping area. It is near the apartment complex and next to a laundromat. I have an appointment at the hair salon in two weeks. Anyway, they are a little bit pricier than other beauty supply stores and are very keen on not selling professional-labeled products unless you have a license. It is small, so the selection is not very big. However, I did first discover Elucence there. They sometimes have products that other beauty supply stores don't have.

Back