Megatek

Don't believe the hype as far as growth. Notice there hasn't been any long term users here for a while. More people use it for protein than for any growth. Same goes for OCT.

However, to answer your question it's the black bottle with blue writing. Most people just use the conditioner.

I use Megatek on the length of my hair weekly (for about 7 months now). For me, its worked out great as a protein treatment - my hair has thickened up considerably. It also did what I needed it to do as a scalp treatment.

You will want to get the Rebuilder (bottle with the blue writing):

eqyss-online_2164_195215

ETA: You should read the OCT/MT challenge threads along with a few thread linked in the Newbies sticky at the top of the page. Lots of information and results pictures posted so that you can make up your mind about the product based on user reviews.

When do you use it? After a shampoo while it's wet? Do you use it on dry hair daily?

I use it every time I co-wash or shampoo/deep condition, which is about every 2 to 3 days or at least twice a week (sometimes I go a long spell - a week to a month - without it just to give my hair a rest). I've never used mega tek on dry hair simply because I don't like manipulating my hair at all while it's dry. Using mega tek is not really an exact science so feel free to personalize and change up the steps yourself!

And do buy yourself a garlic conditioner (like Alter Ego) and some garlic pills. Shedding can get ridiculous, especially if you're using mega tek straight up! I'm very slowly making my way back to 100% mega tek, which use to give me like 2/3 to 3/4 inch a month. Currently I'm at 50% and no excessive shedding yet...

Good luck on finding what you need!

Last edited:
I use it but idk if it counts because I use it in like a mega mix. I put MT, MN, sulfur, and a little oil. I always get an inch+thickness.

I use it every time I co-wash or shampoo/deep condition, which is about every 2 to 3 days or at least twice a week (sometimes I go a long spell - a week to a month - without it just to give my hair a rest). I've never used mega tek on dry hair simply because I don't like manipulating my hair at all while it's dry. Using mega tek is not really an exact science so feel free to personalize and change up the steps yourself!

And do buy yourself a garlic conditioner (like Alter Ego) and some garlic pills. Shedding can get ridiculous, especially if you're using mega tek straight up! I'm very slowly making my way back to 100% mega tek, which use to give me like 2/3 to 3/4 inch a month. Currently I'm at 50% and no excessive shedding yet...

Good luck on finding what you need!

Thanks! I'm too excited, yayy I'm gonna buy that and maybe use a light mix. But first I have to master my roller setting skills.

Back