Mega Tek vs. Mane n Tail

jencolem

I've been thinking about purchasing MT but wanted to find out the difference between Mega Tek and Mane n Tail. My $$ is a little funny so before making the investment, wanted to get your feedback.

Thanks

I have never used mane & tail, but I do use Mega tek and I think it's the BEST thing for MY hair. It has made my hair thicker and stronger; the price was not that bad for me. I can make a bottle last about 1 1/2 months with daily use if not not longer. I do hope other ladies chime in and give some advice to help you out.

My sister uses Mane and Tail shampoo and conditioner for her natural 3c/4a hair...and she has really thick hair. I use MT and it has been great for thickening up my hair..its wonderful. But I don't know anyone who uses Mane n tail the same way MT is used...i also hope others can chime in..

I Love Mega-Tek !:infatuated: It has worked wonders for My Hair. I've never experienced any shedding/breakage etc....I use it on scalp only and I make sure I Moisturize my Hair to the Maxx.

I don't really know anything about Mane 'N Tail? However, I did purchase their conditioner a coupla weeks ago, and plan to co-wash with it tomorrow night. Followed up with an Intensive Moisturizing Conditioner.

My Hair was in Dire need of Protein, so Mega-Tek has been great For Me. It's a Staple for Me. I will always repurchase MT.

did you mean mane and tail or MTG (mane Tail Groom), because mane and tail is shampoo and conditioner (as far as I know), and MTG is a growth aide like Mega Tek....

as far as Mane and Tail, I like it as a shampoo and conditioner, its one of my staples.

As far as the growth aids:

I havent used MT since last summer, but I didn't really give it a chance (only used it for about a month) but I'm going to give it another go around since I have it.

MTG seemed to work for me several years ago as a growth aide. I kept it up for several months and it seemed to get me out of a rut. stopped using it because it was too much upkeep and messy; the back of my neck broke out because it would run too much and it made my hair too oily wich limited what I could do to it. Once I put it on, I basically was confining myself to my home because I was too paranoid of the smell and dripping oil. I loved the results and would use it again if I used it nightly with baggie treatment, co-washing daily and wet bunned as my daily style. (hmmmm.... maybe i should revisit it after I finish up my MT)

I have used both. My method of using it a little bit different than everyone else. I use Mega Tek as a leave-in conditioner. I did a comparison of the MT and M n T and the MT is by far a better product that M n T. But that is just my opinion. M n T was not strong enough for my hair. But the mass on LHCF do not use MT as a leave-in conditioner they feel that it is too strong. My hair loves protein so it doesn't really bother me. I say in this situation start off with the M n T and them eventually when the funds are available try the MT and compare your likes and dislikes. I never use either product as a deep conditioner or a scalp nutrient. I use both as a leave-in. Good Luck in finding what works for your hair.

BTW Mega Tek is a conditioner that most people use as a growth aide and MTG is something else. A whole different category.

mmmm not really, but i started using mt everyday on my scalp. its been in for 4 days now. ill see how it goes. my hair feels thicker and heavier. feels stronger too. iches a little more than usuall

Back