Me and My Frizzy Ends...

baglady215

I'm thinking about finally saying goodbye to my frizzy ends. I have about 1-2" of hair (for lack of a better word) that is just a mess. Where did it come from? I don't know... My best guess is underprocessed (or overprocessed) no-lye relaxer. I've run lye relaxer through my ends to no avail. I've been wanting to chop them for so long, but I'm getting closer and closer to BSL and I don't want to lose the length.

I've dealt with them for over a year, ever since I started my hair care journey. But, I really feel like they are messing up my "good" hair. I can't rollerset right because the ends look a mess. They always tangle and are basically a pain in the butt. I think we finally need to part ways.

It's just hair, right? It'll grow back, right?

RIGHT???? :ohwell:

Spring is here do the right thing, Don't do it your self or get a blunt across the back
cut. maybe it won't be a full 2inchs. Tell the stylist to remove the damaged ends and
show you how much they plan to cut.

of course it'll grow back!

when do your ends look frizzy? what hairstyle do u wear?

frizzy ends doesn't always equal damaged ends.

if it's not breaking, you could get by with not cutting your hair. But if they are thin and you just want your hair to look nicer, go for it.

Before you cut, make sure your hair is not just dry. Get a professional to give you rollerset & see how your ends look. Plus if they are damaged a stylist will cut it. Otherwise, you are just losing hair. Like Adrienne says "it's not what you grow, it's what you keep" when it comes to hair.

I have decided to get 1 in trimmed as well. My ends are very dry, brittle and thin, I would even say damaged from all the shedding I had after my baby (I don't use direct heat). You can easily see the difference. If I get a rollerset you can't tell but I know the truth :) So I just have to do it. Now that I know ways to care for my ends hopefully I wont need another for a long time.

My hairstylist trimmed 1 inch the past and my hair looked so good.

Back