MBL/WL ladies... (question)

Caramela

Do you still roller set?
What method do you use?
What size rollers?
How long does it take to dry?
Do you sit under the hood dryer or airdry?

I'm a roller setting girl. I use the mohawk method. Part my hair into a mohawk, and then roll my hair under the roller instead of over. I use the gray and the purple magnetic rollers. And it takes between 30-45 minutes under my Pibbs. I'm about 8 weeks post relaxer, and rollersetting is helping me to stretch. HTH!

Do you still roller set?
Absolutely!:yep: I use rollersets to straighten my hair, since I don't use direct heat.

What method do you use?
Mohawk...rolling under

What size rollers?
Magnetics: Gray (2") and purple (1-3/4")

How long does it take to dry? Do you sit under the hood dryer or airdry?
I sit under a bonnet dryer for about 1 hour, then I finish airdrying, which takes about 4-5 hours.

Last edited:
I'm a roller setting girl. I use the mohawk method. Part my hair into a mohawk, and then roll my hair under the roller instead of over. I use the gray and the purple magnetic rollers. And it takes between 30-45 minutes under my Pibbs. I'm about 8 weeks post relaxer, and rollersetting is helping me to stretch. HTH!

How does it only take you 30-45 minutes to dry your hair with that beautiful long hair. Please share your secret.

Do you still roller set? Not at this point. Too lazy and working w/8.5 month post texlaxed hair.
What method do you use? Ponytail the last couple times I did it
What size rollers? Gray and Black jumbo
How long does it take to dry? Under dryer 1.5 hr, sleep in rollers.
Do you sit under the hood dryer or airdry? Combo of both

Do you still roller set?
What method do you use? Im back to rollersetting now so I can stop using direct heat as much.
What size rollers? I use the grey
How long does it take to dry? An hour and a half
Do you sit under the hood dryer or airdry?
I sit under the hood dryer mostly. Airdrying my hair in rollers takes over 10 hrs lol so you see why I use the hood dryer more.

:lachen:atleast if it breaks you can justify getting a pibbs
You mean another Pibbs:ohwell: I had one and one of my BFF's that's a stylist was moving away and part of the purchase agreement for her salon was to sell it w/everything in it, including the dryers. She really didn't have any money (horrible divorce) so I gave her my Pibbs so she'd be able to still do some heads out of her new home. I know, I know...I miss him everyday but I know another will come along when the time is right. The Pibbs, I mean.

answers are bolded
Do you still roller set? yes in the cooler months (sept-may)
What method do you use? mohawk
What size rollers? grey magnetic
How long does it take to dry? 1.5 hours
Do you sit under the hood dryer or airdry? hooded dryer

How does it only take you 30-45 minutes to dry your hair with that beautiful long hair. Please share your secret.

Thank you! It seems that the longer I go without a relaxer, the quicker my hair dries. I'm at 8 weeks post relaxer right now (with tons of newgrowth), so I can get it done in 30-45 minutes. With a fresh relaxer, it's still only about 45-50 minutes. Before I had my Pibbs, I would be under the dryer for HOURS!

Do you still roller set? Yes
What method do you use? Mohawk
What size rollers? Grey and a few purple
How long does it take to dry? Usually hour and a half, sometimes longer :yawn:
Do you sit under the hood dryer or airdry? Hooded dryer

I wish I could only take 45 minutes to dry. Even under the Pibbs at the salon I was under the thing for 1.5 hours. It was torture. Maybe it was defective or something.

Do you still roller set? only with carusos
What size rollers? i try to use all jumbo
How long does it take to dry? already dry so it takes about 20min tops
Do you sit under the hood dryer or airdry? i airdry or if i am in a rush blowdry before i use the rollers[

Do you still roller set? Yes
What method do you use? I just throw the rollers in anyway they'll fit.
What size rollers? I use the gray ones. I want to step it up to the black but they wont fit under the Pibbs. Well I have to edit this cause now I use all black and I got them to fit.
How long does it take to dry? 1-1 1/2 hours.
Do you sit under the hood dryer or airdry? Hood dryer.

Last edited:
Do you still roller set? Every wash day
What method do you use? Mohawk
What size rollers? Purple and lime green with a couple of peach around the front
How long does it take to dry? 1 to 1.5 hrs. depends on how dry my hair is when I rollerset
Do you sit under the hood dryer or airdry? Pibbs

Back