Mayo strips the perm?/ which ORS olive oil to use?

knottyaaverage

my last touch up was dec. 5th. my roots are hella rough and thick, but i wash and deep condition 1nce a week and it's holding up pretty good. but by the 3rd day after the wash the roots are stone hard. is it true that mayonnaise (real mayo) strips perms? and for a moisturizer i plan to buy ORS olive oil lotion, but which are u guys using; the one in the bottle or jar?

current moisturizers: wgo, hollywood beauty olive creme hairdress, and jane carter nourish and shine (only becasuse i don't want to just throw it away:ohwell: )

Nothing can strip a perm from your hair, especially not harmless ole mayo. I have use regular old mayoinaisse straight out of the jar as a pre-poo, I've added it to my condioners as a protein treatment, and I am still very much relaxed. The only thing that can remove a relaxer is trusty pair of scissors.

knottyaaverage said:
my last touch up was dec. 5th. my roots are hella rough and thick, but i wash and deep condition 1nce a week and it's holding up pretty good. but by the 3rd day after the wash the roots are stone hard. is it true that mayonnaise (real mayo) strips perms? and for a moisturizer i plan to buy ORS olive oil lotion, but which are u guys using; the one in the bottle or jar?

current moisturizers: wgo, hollywood beauty olive creme hairdress, and jane carter nourish and shine (only becasuse i don't want to just throw it away:ohwell: )

I LOVE Jane Carter's Nourish & Shine!:look:

Could it technically "fall out" so to speak? I mean if someone stopped relaxing, would all the relaxed hairs eventually shed making the persona natural? Just a question/theory. I mean, no hair stays on your head FOREVER does it? Don't we end up with a new full head of hair withing a few years?

kbragg said:
Could it technically "fall out" so to speak? I mean if someone stopped relaxing, would all the relaxed hairs eventually shed making the persona natural? Just a question/theory. I mean, no hair stays on your head FOREVER does it? Don't we end up with a new full head of hair withing a few years?
NO you'd be bald.

I don't use the ORS line it contains mineral oil and does nothing for my hair but drys it out. For moisture I use NTM silk touch leave in or Profectiv leave in strengthener.

kbragg said:

If someone stopped relaxing, it depends. Some of the hairs will break off at the line of demarcation. New natural hair would grow in the place of the shed hairs, but all the hairs won't shed at the same time. If someone is very careful with their hair it is possible to have hairs that are relaxed at the ends and natural at the top for several inches. So I think one would just have a hodge-podge of natural and relaxed hair. Transitioning hair can be very difficult to handle, however. It would take years to become totally natural without the help of a pair of scissors.

When I went natural the first time, I never really cut out the perm... I did protective styles alot and everytime I took out the braids the dead perm hair would just come out as I washed my hair. My natural hair was very healthy.

knottyaaverage said:
and for a moisturizer i plan to buy ORS olive oil lotion, but which are u guys using; the one in the bottle or jar?
I like the one in the jar better. It's creamier. But I'm now using Qhemet Biologics Heavy Amla & Olive as a moisturizer.

Bosslady1 said:
I don't use the ORS line it contains mineral oil and does nothing for my hair but drys it out. For moisture I use NTM silk touch leave in or Profectiv leave in strengthener.

I love NTM silk touch. I bought the Profective Mega-growth growth lotion and I really like that sooo much. My hair feels very soft and moisturized.:)

Back