Maybe I should start measuring...

Leshia

Should i start to measure my hair...does that make a difference with your motivation to grow your hair or not? I just kinda look at it and say...looks like I've got about an inch since so and so...Do most of you use a measuring tape?

Yes, I use a measuring tape or ruler. That way I can keep track exactly of how much growth I'm getting. /images/graemlins/weird.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
pebbles said:
Yes, I use a measuring tape or ruler. That way I can keep track exactly of how much growth I'm getting. /images/graemlins/weird.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think you'd be as motivated if you didn't measure?

Oh Yes!! I'm determined to grow my hair. As long as I see it start to move down my back, I'll be happy! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

pebbles said:
Oh Yes!! I'm determined to grow my hair. As long as I see it start to move down my back, I'll be happy! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

AMEN!! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

for me, measuring was a demotivator. i would read on the boards about other people getting 1" a month, and i was getting my measly ¼" a month. also, i don't think i even measured properly because my hair stayed the same length for months according to my measurements, but was getting longer the whole time. so now i do my measuring with photos.

adrienne

hairfanatic said:
I think you should measure...it doesn't hurt to keep a log of the inches that you keep during the growth process.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you use to measure?

Measuring P'd me off. I didn't get it right all the time, and even when my hair WAS growing andit was obvious I'd always get wrong measurements from the previous month. It's better for me to use points on my body such as neck, ear, chin length etc.

Someone had a great idea of wearing an old white tshirt and marking the shirt of where the hair is each month.

Back