Maybe a new way to scalp massage...

Aviah

So I have a pretty big afro pic. My hair's in a bun after being stretched to airdry. I can run the teeth over the scalp without taking out my hair. I'm wondering if this could be a new way to scalp massage without the manipulation:think:
The tips have slight grooves, but the teeth are otherwise seamless. Anyone think this may cause breakage, or am I on to something?

Using a soft pick for scalp massages? I've been doing this fo-ever.
Doubt its too rare, but curious to see if its common or detrimental in some way.
I do think you're onto something though, Aviah. :grin:

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

Last edited:
Isn't that what they call scritching or something? (Not scratching...)

I've heard of scritching, but I have no idea of what it is. I'm sure I'm not the first one to do this. But its new to me :lol: If it doesn't cause damage I'll add it in!

Yes, OP, this is scritching. I first heard about it from the Hairgasm and Longhairs website and then about two years ago, I received a genuine bone comb from China from a fellow calligrapher and he tried to translate his mom's directions for using the handle and it seems scritching is also something they do. Why bone combs are considered "special" for this purpose, I really don't know. Still, I found it interesting that while they don't call it scritching, they too do something similar, only his directions were to use the handle not the teeth. I must confess I did it only the time I got it, then forgot about it. Now I have no idea where my bone comb is since I don't use combs much. :look:

Yes, OP, this is scritching. I first heard about it from the Hairgasm and Longhairs website and then about two years ago, I received a genuine bone comb from China from a fellow calligrapher and he tried to translate his mom's directions for using the handle and it seems scritching is also something they do. Why bone combs are considered "special" for this purpose, I really don't know. Still, I found it interesting that while they don't call it scritching, they too do something similar, only his directions were to use the handle not the teeth. I must confess I did it only the time I got it, then forgot about it. Now I have no idea where my bone comb is since I don't use combs much. :look:

LOL! Thanks Nonie. You would think I would know this with how long I've been here. Guess I'm scritching now. (What an ugly name for it:look:)

Back