Maxiglide

lbellin

I am thinking about purchasing the Maxiglide.

Can anyone give me any reviews?

How often do you use it?

Do you find it damaging?

Is it easy to use?

Do you like it and the results that you get from it?

Thanks all.

Can anyone give me any reviews? i love it. it gives me silky, smooth, straight hair

How often do you use it? ive only used mine twice. im a natural so i dont want to get heat damage

Do you find it damaging? not yet so far

Is it easy to use? well, its big compared to other flat irons. its not heavy though. it will take practice to get used to the size and to able to get to your roots or you can get someone to help you. if you want to use the steam burst, it might be hard

Do you like it and the results that you get from it? oh yessssssss. i found a huge difference between using the steam burst and without it. next time, ill try using the flat ironing thingy instead of the one with teeth

How often do you use it?
~ 2-3x/mo.
Do you find it damaging?
In a way, yes. My hair is "whispier". My texture is fine to begin with.

Is it easy to use?
Yes. As another poster suggested, I hold it upside down with the teeth at the top, and swipe down. My hair has since changed to where that does nothing for my hair anymore, so I follow with a second swipe by turning the mg around with the button on top for a smoother press.

I'm pleased. It takes less than an hour to do my hair--traditional flat irons would take me 3-4 hrs. But your hair will get to a point where you will see the effects of using heat (could be months or years), and therefore you will have to know when to slow down or stop.

Sweetyb said:
How often do you use it?
~ 2-3x/mo.
Do you find it damaging?
In a way, yes. My hair is "whispier". My texture is fine to begin with.

Is it easy to use?
Yes. As another poster suggested, I hold it upside down with the teeth at the top, and swipe down. My hair has since changed to where that does nothing for my hair anymore, so I follow with a second swipe by turning the mg around with the button on top for a smoother press.

I'm pleased. It takes less than an hour to do my hair--traditional flat irons would take me 3-4 hrs. But your hair will get to a point where you will see the effects of using heat (could be months or years), and therefore you will have to know when to slow down or stop.
can you explain the holding it upside down to make it easier?

toosexy1 said:
can you explain the holding it upside down to make it easier?

Ok... u know the side of the MG which has the button and the water valve? That's the "flat plate" side of the MG, with the holes where the steam comes out. The other side is where you slide in your "comb plate"--you want to hold the MG so that the comb plate side is up, and everything else (the button and the water valve) is facing down to the floor. This way it's easier for the comb to grab the roots of your hair and slide down. (it's harder to do this when holding the MG the other way around) Hope this makes sense :)!

Last edited:
I have one and cant wait to try it out. It just came in the mail. Since i just got my hair done I wont use it anytime soon but I will try to find the thread and post how I like it.

How often do you use it? I use mine 3-4x a month

Do you find it damaging? No I don't. I only use the flat plates. I used the plates with the comb/teeth the first time and I felt like it pulled my hair.

Is it easy to use? It took some getting used to. Now it only takes about 30 minutes to an hour to flat iron my hait.

Do you like it and the results that you get from it? I love it. It makes my hair look like I have a relaxer.

How often do you use it?

2 times a month

Do you find it damaging?

All heat is damaging to a certain degree but w/ this iron I find it to be minimal.

Is it easy to use?

It's very easy for me. Hitting the steam button while sliding it down your hair can be a little tricky though. I get my roots and everything straight with one pass and only on the first setting!

Loves it!! I can't go w/o my maxi now. The results are amazing!

BUY IT! BUY IT! BUY IT!!!!:lol:

How often do you use it? I use mine 3-4x a year.
Its big and bulky so you have to get used to it at first.

Do you find it damaging? Not really. Beacause of the teeth you have to be gentle. I do small peices at a time and make sure that I use a heat protectant serum. Also I always do a deep contion prior to using it.

Do you like it and the results that you get from it? I like the results. My hair is full and bouncy. I don't get that flat greasy look....I have pics in my album.

I have been having a hard time with mine.

I think I am just so used to other irons.

I cannot get comfortable with the teeth on the plate. It feels like they will snag.

I tried it twice and got discouraged.

HoneyDew said:
I have been having a hard time with mine.

I think I am just so used to other irons.

I cannot get comfortable with the teeth on the plate. It feels like they will snag.

I tried it twice and got discouraged.

Same here. I feel like maybe I will have better luck when my hair gets longer.

i love my maxiglide me and him shall never part

i used to use it once a week but have since cut back to every two months i use lustraslik straight effects

Thanks for the replies. I am going to hit the husband up for it for my anniversary!!

Thanks Ladies!!!!!!!!!

Back