Maxiglide users:The ACTUAL Maxiglide temp.'s

I have been seriously contemplating on investing in a maxius iron. Have you had much success with it?

My last invesyment was in the Instyler. (big mistake there)

Even if there is a difference in the temps and they claim 430 is the highest it goes, we shouldn't even be using a flat iron at that temp anyway :ohwell:

Goodness...even if you're doing a BKT or using Sabino, that's just weird to me that you have to turn up the heat so high to seal something into your hair.

Now if you're a freak of nature like my sister, who uses high heat weekly with a blowdryer and a flatiron and NO HEAT PROTECTANT, then go for it :yep:

Her hair type is about a 3B, and she has no stringy ends or heat damage. Her hair is trained and always bounces back!

I loathe her :rolleyes:

I wonder if the temps are the same for the new Maxiglide? I just bought one a couple of weeks ago.

I usually set mine on 5. Now, I'm wondering if that's too high.

FYI: If you're thinking about buying the Maxiglide, get it! The first time I used it I wasn't impressed because I was rushing and ironing large sections at a time. When I sat down and patiently did it by small sections with the steam, the results were great!

I emailed them for the fahrenheit temperature settings and here is there response. (I realized this thread is old but just in case anyone needs them like I do).

Here you go:

Temperatures in Fahrenheit by dial number:

1 = 234 degrees
2 = 255
3 = 277
4 = 298
5 = 320
6 = 342
7 = 363
8 = 385
9 = 406
10 = 428

Sincerely,

Laura Bassett
www.maxiusbeauty.com
1-866-MAXIUS-1

I was able to get my hair strait with setting 1, but it reverted fast.:nono: I would like to attempt using heat when I can comfortably bun my hair without forcing it to fit.:rolleyes:

Back