MAXIglide on HSN now

D Marie

I have been looking on the board because I wanted to buy athe best pair of flat irons. It seems everone loves Maxiglide, so I decided to get one. I just turned the TV on and they are selling it on HSN for $99.95 $7.95 S&H you can even spit it into 2 payments. You also get some products with it shampoo, brush, DVD, carrying case, and a couple of other things. I have'nt priced them out yet, is this a good price? The number to HSN is 800-284-3100 item number 185-905

I think I paid $89+tax at Bed Bath and Beyond, but I love my Maxiglide. The steam shot is awesome. I use mine on setting 3 or 4 and I only run it through twice at the new growth and once down the length. Everything else I've owned I had to run it a billion times then 10 minutes later it had headed back home. :mad: Some people like the detangling pins and some don't. You can take them out and put the smooth plate in if you don't like it.

Last edited:
It's now $79.99 at Bed Bath and Beyond... and atleast if ya get it there and don't like it or something happens yrs later you can always return it, w/or w/o a receipt. Oh yeah, and if ya have a coupon for 20% off you'll save even more.

sareca said:
I think I paid $89+tax at Bed Bath and Beyond, but I love my Maxiglide. The steam shot is awesome. I use mine on setting 3 or 4 and I only run it through twice at the new growth and once down the length. Everything else I've owned I had to run it a billion times then 10 minutes later it had headed back home. :mad: Some people like the detangling pins and some don't. You can take them out and put the smooth plate in if you don't like it.

Sorry for the late reply. I ended up finding a coupon online for HSN for $15 off. So I ordered it. 79.99 sounds good, but I am also getting products with it too. Thanks everyone! I can't wait to use it!!!:D

This time I noticed that he ran the maxiglide over the ends first and the the whole hair. I can't wait for my hair 2 get longer so I can try it.:(

DDtexlaxd said:
This time I noticed that he ran the maxiglide over the ends first and the the whole hair. I can't wait for my hair 2 get longer so I can try it.:(

I'm glad he showed it that way, because when I tried the roots to end way on my neice, it wasn't as nice. The last time, I tried it at the ends first then through the length and it was much smoother.

DDtexlaxd said:

Hey D, how did the maxiglide products end up working b/c I am watching now and trying to decide whether to get the package or just get the flat iron from bed bath and beyond.

shawniegee said:
I love my MAXIglide! This commercial is making want to buy another one.

I feel the same way. And that Miniglide is just what I want.

What I need to do is to change the freaking channel.:lachen:

mjeffers2 said:
Hey D, how did the maxiglide products end up working b/c I am watching now and trying to decide whether to get the package or just get the flat iron from bed bath and beyond.

I never got the products, just the maxi and miniglide. The miniglide singed my hair off. It has no heat dial and that sucka is hot.:mad: I see why he used the miniglide closed to make curls, because using it the other way....:eek: Anyway, that's my own case. It may work well for others. I tried the maxiglide on my friend and it got her hair strait w/ one slide. It is totally worth the $ if u get from bed bath and beyond. From what I saw, u don't have to use their styling products for it to work, just a good heat protectant will do. My friend has thick and curly hair. If it worked on her, I know it will work on me. Hope this helps!:D

I have a Maxi Glide but never used the steam burst....(I'm chicken, lol) Does the iron have to be on 10 to use it? I got that perception when I was watching the DVD that goes along with it...?

*ElleB said:
I have a Maxi Glide but never used the steam burst....(I'm chicken, lol) Does the iron have to be on 10 to use it? I got that perception when I was watching the DVD that goes along with it...?

I used the steam on "2" for a touch up and it worked fine!

whew! I'm glad I read this post, I almost bought the miniglide-I sure as he** didn't need that if it burns hair. I am the worst about burning my hair up. Had I not read this post I mught be bald cause I had the durn Miniglide in my HSN shopping cart!

I saw that infomercial this morning too!!! I had to make myself turn it because it's either get the Maxiglide or have gas for work these next two weeks. And yes...I was actually considering it lol :lol: :lol:

I can't wait to get enough hair to use a MaxiGlide. Does anyone know if you can buy the products separately? I've only seen them on HSN, but I don't want to buy the flat iron, just some of the products.

i bought a maxiglide about 9 months ago on recommendation from my daughter...have used it a total of hmmm....5-6 times.

the highest temp i had it on was between the 1 and the 2 - usually 1 does just fine even on my new growth. Love the steam burst (be sure to use distilled water)

i also use either let's jam or biosilk as a heat protectant.

i wouldn't use it everyday, every week, or even every 2 weeks but i love it when i feel like a change.

i just saw the infomercial this morning and all of his models had 2 or 3 type hair. The maxiglide worked wonderfully on their hair but I wonder will it work on my 4a relaxed hair. And the plates seemed really large. Would it get close enough to my new growth to get it straight without burning my head?

Back