Maxiglide my natural hair & I have some growth

tashboog

I'm on Instagram
Hello All,
I'm still a newbie trying to still figure out my regimen. But I was thrilled that I am seeing some progress. I've decided back in late May that I will stop getting my natural hair blow dried & flat ironed every week at the salon. So the 1st pic is from my last salon visit & the 2nd pic is from when I used the maxiglide on my hair this weekend. I know its not as long as most of the lovely ladies on this forum, but I am glad that I'm at least seeing some progress :grin:.

Attachments

• IMG00104.jpg
    IMG00104.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG00229.jpg
    IMG00229.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 85
Nice results. Looks like you did a better job than the salon because it looks fuller or that could be because you gave heat a break. Either way, KUTGW!

Thanks so much for the positive feedback! I've been hiding my hair for the last 3 months so I think that is really helping. I've also purchased JBCO that I've added to my reggie as well. This is the 1st time I've had heat in my hair since May so I'm sure saying no to heat has helped. I thought it was just me about my hair looking thicker but you lovely ladies have just confirmed that for me as well. I'm just trying to achieve my 1st goal of shoulder length hair then I will try APL. My stylist would never let me achieve length. This is the longest its been in years! He would always cut it as soon as I had some growth! So that's one of the reasons why I've stopped going to the salon! I've been trimming my own hair and I doubt if I ever go back to a stylist!

I want to thank every one again for all the positive feedback :grin:! I really didn't think I was retaining any length since I keep it natural most of the time. I'm so glad I straightened it cause it helps me to see that my reggie is working. I will continue to try and figure out what my hair likes or doesn't like so that hopefully I can achieve my final goal of BSL. I don't think I want hair any longer than BSL, but that's just my personal preference. I love this forum and all the support that we receive on here! I'm so glad I've finally subscribed :grin:!

Back