Maxiglide - I've been convinced

curlicarib

Lovin'' All of Me
OK Ladies,

After weeks of lurking in the Maxiglide threads and reading all of the reviews (good & bad), I finally caved-in and purchased the Maxius MAXIglide MP and Maxiessentials Hair Care Set from HSN for $72.17 incl tax+s&h (w/coupon). This kit is sold on the Maxius website for $129.92 + tax/s&h. So basicallv I got it for roughly 1/2 price - yah!!:yay:.

I just wanted to say thanks for all of your reviews of this flatiron. I don't do another length check until January, but when I do, I'll definitely post pics.

Thanks ya'll!! :yep:

HSN Coupon: http://www.hsn.com/hsn-coupon-codes_at-4211_xa.aspx?rdr=1&sourceid=3128679-10649888-HOME$15offCoupon&cm_mmc=cj*Other*3128679*NA

btw: under $100, $15 off is better than 15% off. Over $100 go for the 15% off.

CarlaG

Can someone please confirm for me - has the Maxiglide got ceramic plates or ceramic-coated plates? I'm considering either the Sedu or the Maxiglide, and I think I read somewhere that the Maxiglide's plates are only ceramic-coated.

Can someone please confirm for me - has the Maxiglide got ceramic plates or ceramic-coated plates? I'm considering either the Sedu or the Maxiglide, and I think I read somewhere that the Maxiglide's plates are only ceramic-coated.

This is the same question I have in order to determine if I will purchase the Maxi.

the sedu and the maxiglide have ceramic coated plates

Nope. I've had mine for years and never had that problem. But I only use it maybe 3-4 times a year.

the sedu and the maxiglide have ceramic coated plates

Oh! Have anyone notice the plates chipping??

Sedu flat irons are the only irons with plates constructed of solid tourmaline and ceramic. These naturally moist substances infuse moisture and shine deep into the hair strand. Tourmaline is a precious stone that has the ability to release negative ions when heated. These negative ions are beneficial because they prevent damage to the hair cuticle, but simultaneously infuse moisture and shine into the hair shaft during straightening. As this "Infra-red heat technology" infusion of negative ions seals in moisture, hair gains lustre. Hair maintains that healthy, shiny sheen that is oh so difficult to keep when frequently straightened. The result is that coveted, glossy smooth finish that Sedu Flat Iron users achieve.
This was taken from this website: http://www.seduflatironsonline.com/why-sedu.php.

Maxiglide plates are coated and do chip. I have had this happen. But you can buy replacement plates on their website. I have replaced mine. I think part of the problem is that I allowed my flatiron to bump up against things in the drawer, instead of closing it and securing it with the cord. I have owned a Maxiglide since they were released, and I own a Sedu Revolution. I love them both, and I will NEVER be without a MG. NEVER. HTH

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHH!
I just ordered one.
Thank you so much Ensjg598!

Does anyone know why the elborate kit is the same price as the iron alone?

Sedu flat irons are the only irons with plates constructed of solid tourmaline and ceramic.
The FHI Runway and the Hana Elite are also solid ceramic. The Sedu might be the only one with solid ceramic and tourmaline.

Cutenss, do you find that the Maxiglide gets your hair straighter because of the pins?

Sedu flat irons are the only irons with plates constructed of solid tourmaline and ceramic. These naturally moist substances infuse moisture and shine deep into the hair strand. Tourmaline is a precious stone that has the ability to release negative ions when heated. These negative ions are beneficial because they prevent damage to the hair cuticle, but simultaneously infuse moisture and shine into the hair shaft during straightening. As this "Infra-red heat technology" infusion of negative ions seals in moisture, hair gains lustre. Hair maintains that healthy, shiny sheen that is oh so difficult to keep when frequently straightened. The result is that coveted, glossy smooth finish that Sedu Flat Iron users achieve.
This was taken from this website: http://www.seduflatironsonline.com/why-sedu.php.

Maxiglide plates are coated and do chip. I have had this happen. But you can buy replacement plates on their website. I have replaced mine. I think part of the problem is that I allowed my flatiron to bump up against things in the drawer, instead of closing it and securing it with the cord. I have owned a Maxiglide since they were released, and I own a Sedu Revolution. I love them both, and I will NEVER be without a MG. NEVER. HTH

sedus are NOT solid ceramic. I used to own one and read the manual in detail. the plates are ceramic coated. i purchased the original sedu in 2007. maybe they have changed but my manual said the plates were ceramic coated.

ETA

I called Exceon American Beauty Supply (makers of sedu and solia flat irons). The sedu plates are ceramic coated. Here is the number if anyone would like to call 646-435-9120.

Last edited:
I have to get off of this board for a while. It's making me poor, but I do appreciate the link for the coupon!

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHH!
I just ordered one.
Thank you so much Ensjg598!

Does anyone know why the elborate kit is the same price as the iron alone?

Your Welcome! I was wondering the same thing about the kit vs the stand alone iron. I have no idea why the pricing is the same, but you can't beat the price of the entire kit.......

Back