Maxiglide is the best flat iron ever!!!!!!

Kurlee

I just used this flat iron for the first time after buying it and it's AMAZING! I have never gotten my hair so pin straight AND soft and the same time:blush:. I am a believer. I like the flat plate better than the teeth. Don't know how to use the teeth without going bald:lol:. But erm yea, it's the business. I think I can retire my visits from the hair dresser for blowouts, since that was the only DIY that I couldn't do.:yep:

I have the Chi and I find myself using the Maxiglide with the teeth every time I straighten!!!

I braid my hair for stretch after washing. Unbraid and use the steam on the ends. I then straighten from the bottom first then the entire section of hair. I use it on setting 10 when I first started I used 7.

2 1/2 passes keep my hair bone straight for 2 weeks. I also use the Splitender when I straighten.

I only straighten my hair every 2-3 mos. I LOVE Maxiglide!!!!

:yep: The Maxiglide is awesome. The key to using the teeth without ripping out hair is small sections that are already well detangled, and not clamping down with the iron since it is indeed supposed to glide.

Now where are the pictures?

I agree, I have a great ionic tourmaline iron that I used while relaxed. My natural hair didn't respond to it AT ALL. I thought I'd never be able to straighten again, because it took forever to find an iron that worked when I was relaxed. Then Maxiglide came into my life :)

Can the maxiglide also be used on relaxed hair? What makes it so different from regular flat irons like the chi and fhi?

what makes it better is that i got it on ebay for like 40 bucKs!!! Brand new! My chi turbo will be taking a seat.

lol Kurlee I got mine from ebay for $40 too! Personally, I love the pins. Something about this tool.....my hair never gets this straight or soft with anything else I've used...EVER!

I have had mine for a long time and I love it. I rarely use it though. I think I will pull it out this season.

I got the maxiglide a couple of months ago and threw my 2" chi in the trash as soon as I was done. I will never look at another flat iron!

Umm... excuse you!!! :spank:

ETA: I've just received my maxiglide about a week ago and am itching to use it!!!

Last edited:
I love my maxiglide too! Especially sense i figured out how to use the teeth ... the best.flat.iron.ever.

Btw.. YOU SOOOO WRONG FOR NOT POSTN PICS!

i've always wanted one even when i was relaxed...the infomercials were just so convincing lol...i've never straightened my natural hair...and i think i might have thrown out my old flat iron...but if roller setting doesnt get it straight enough when i do decide to straighten, i might think about getting one, however im worried about heat damage, and i know i would only use it 1x a year or so *off to browse youtube for live maxiglide proof lol*

I, too, love my maxiglide. I just used it as a matter of fact. I flatironed my hair Friday night, and it is still holding up (in Florida no less). I hennaed last weekend and I was worried (I don't know why) that my hair wouldn't like the maxiglide, but I think it likes it even more. I especially love the teeth. I tried to flatiron before the maxiglide. Fugetabouit. there is no comparison.

It's been a week and normally with my chi, in a week my ends would be dry and puffy. My hair and ends are still smooth, soft and sleek. I have officially been converted.

Last edited:
I have a maxiglide and I really hate it. I'm going to try it once more, and then I'm selling it and getting someting else.

Back