Maxiglide is my new baby daddy!!

Brownshugaz

I bought (well my father bought) the maxiglide on Saturday but I couldn't use it because I had twists in my hair. I finally got around to using it today. WHOOOO WEEEE! I already had coconut oil in my hair so I don't know if that helped, but the maxiglide just slid right through my hair. I had it on 6 but I think I could have gotten away with a lower setting. My hair is by no means fine and wavy. I have 4a/4b hair. I've never flat ironed my hair before so I'm a newbie at this too. But that didn't matter at all because the maxiglide made me seem like a pro! It got down to the roots even though I wasn't really concentrating on that. My hair is now in a bootleg wrap (I'm terrible at this) but man.....I can't wait to go out tomorrow so I can swang my newly straightened hair. I'll put my pictures up in about two days. Thank you MAXIUS!!!

wow it sounds great!!! i cant wait for them to start selling the maxiglide in england- i need one...im happy for you.

I keep hearing such great things about the Maxiglide. I am def going to get one!

I'm glad this worked out for you. I feel even more encouraged now. :up:

Can't wait to see your pics!!

I love the Maxiglide too! But did you use a heat protectant? I see that you are natural and the Maxi can get pretty hot...you don't want to damage your hair.

Brownshugaz said:
No I didn't use a heat protectant. I've never used one. oops, maybe I should invest in one. any suggestions?
I think you should, especially since you used it at a 6. A few ppl have used flat irons and gotten heat damage from them because the iron was too hot or they didn't use heat protectant. I've used Redken Heat glide and Got2b heat products but there are others. Do a search on heat protectants in the forum and pull up a few threads.:)

nurseN98 said:
I think you should, especially since you used it at a 6. A few ppl have used flat irons and gotten heat damage from them because the iron was too hot or they didn't use heat protectant. I've used Redken Heat glide and Got2b heat products but there are others. Do a search on heat protectants in the forum and pull up a few threads.:)
I co-sign what nurseN98 said, especially if you're using heat setting 5 and higher, the potential for damage is greater. I usually leave it on 4 and I always use a heat protectant. So far, no damage.

Back