Maxiglide Infomercial

glamazon386

Ok so while flipping channels at 4:30 this morning, I came across a MaxiGlide infomercial on the preview channel. And of course the impulse buyer in me was sitting there in awe like GOTTA HAVE IT. Knowing damn well I never even use a flat iron on my hair. :lol: The one I do have is a skinny Conair one from Target. Hey, it gets the job done on my thin hair on the rare occasions that I do use it. But the MaxiGlide would be great for flat ironing my weave. That little cheapy one doesn't get hot enough for the weave. But anyway, for those of you ladies on the board who have a MaxiGlide, where did you purchase it from? On the Infomercial it was 3 Payments of 39.99 and you get the MaxiGlide, MiniGlide, 2 bottles of some styling product, a brush, and some adjustable roller things. Is that reasonable? I mean I know professional flat irons are pricey as is, but I was just curious if the MaxiGlide could be purchased by itself, and if so is it cheaper? Or should I just get the package off the infomercial? I'll be so glad when I graduate from this damn school next semester so I can get a real job. I hate being a broke college student and having to contemplate every major purchase. :ohwell:

bmoreflyygirl said:
Ok so while flipping channels at 4:30 this morning, I came across a MaxiGlide infomercial on the preview channel. And of course the impulse buyer in me was sitting there in awe like GOTTA HAVE IT. Knowing damn well I never even use a flat iron on my hair. :lol: The one I do have is a skinny Conair one from Target. Hey, it gets the job done on my thin hair on the rare occasions that I do use it. But the MaxiGlide would be great for flat ironing my weave. That little cheapy one doesn't get hot enough for the weave. But anyway, for those of you ladies on the board who have a MaxiGlide, where did you purchase it from? On the Infomercial it was 3 Payments of 39.99 and you get the MaxiGlide, MiniGlide, 2 bottles of some styling product, a brush, and some adjustable roller things. Is that reasonable? I mean I know professional flat irons are pricey as is, but I was just curious if the MaxiGlide could be purchased by itself, and if so is it cheaper? Or should I just get the package off the infomercial? I'll be so glad when I graduate from this damn school next semester so I can get a real job. I hate being a broke college student and having to contemplate every major purchase. :ohwell:

This is pretty reasonable.......I bought the glide only and none of the products. You can now get it in stores....I know Bed, Bath and Beyond has them and they offer a 20% off coupon!...other ladies have posted other places to purchase....However, when I bought mine, I opted for the slow pay and paid $20 every couple weeks for about 2 months until it was paid off.

i got mine from shopathometv.com... the set was a maxi, mini, a brush and case...100.00 plus free shipping... i chose to do it in payments so it's 19.99 a month for 5 months directly debited from my account... i like that better than a lump sum...

SqrpioQutie said:
i got mine from shopathometv.com... the set was a maxi, mini, a brush and case...100.00 plus free shipping... i chose to do it in payments so it's 19.99 a month for 5 months directly debited from my account... i like that better than a lump sum...

Yeah that makes a lot more sense. I think I'll set that up once I get paid next friday or my mama gives me some christmas money. Whichever happens first... :ohwell:

Yeah, that's what I was saying. I bought mine from the shopathometv.com website and paid in increments.....

bmoreflyygirl said:
Ok so while flipping channels at 4:30 this morning, I came across a MaxiGlide infomercial on the preview channel. And of course the impulse buyer in me was sitting there in awe like GOTTA HAVE IT. Knowing damn well I never even use a flat iron on my hair. :lol: The one I do have is a skinny Conair one from Target. Hey, it gets the job done on my thin hair on the rare occasions that I do use it. But the MaxiGlide would be great for flat ironing my weave. That little cheapy one doesn't get hot enough for the weave. But anyway, for those of you ladies on the board who have a MaxiGlide, where did you purchase it from? On the Infomercial it was 3 Payments of 39.99 and you get the MaxiGlide, MiniGlide, 2 bottles of some styling product, a brush, and some adjustable roller things. Is that reasonable? I mean I know professional flat irons are pricey as is, but I was just curious if the MaxiGlide could be purchased by itself, and if so is it cheaper? Or should I just get the package off the infomercial? I'll be so glad when I graduate from this damn school next semester so I can get a real job. I hate being a broke college student and having to contemplate every major purchase. :ohwell:[/QUOTE

OK, so the impulsive buyer and PJ ism reared it's ugly head, and I bought the sucker. I'm not quite sure why, b/c I have an FHI that heats up to 450, a corioliss that heats up to 430 and a stove and Kizure flat iron, but I just wanted to give it a shot. I got it on shopathometv.com...the maxi and mini for $99.99 with 5 payments of 19.99. I know i don't need it, but hey....life is too short to live the same day twice!!!

A kind warning for you- please be careful with the miniglide. It has no temp dial and it gets supa hot. :eek: That sucka singed my hair and I had to cut the damaged hair off. :mad: The great thing about the shopathome. site is the excellent customer service. The refund came quickly and my hubby got me the maxiglide. I'm still waiting for my hair to get long enough to use it. :lol:

Has anyone else had a bad experience with the miniglide, that shop at home deal seems tooooo good to pass up. I would just use it on my roots.

brownsugar9999 said:
I have an FHI that heats up to 450, a corioliss that heats up to 430 and a stove and Kizure flat iron, but I just wanted to give it a shot. I got it on shopathometv.com...the maxi and mini for $99.99 with 5 payments of 19.99. I know i don't need it, but hey....life is too short to live the same day twice!!!
Holy Cow!! Do you have enough, lol?!?!? You can open your own beauty shop!!

mermaid said:
Holy Cow!! Do you have enough, lol?!?!? You can open your own beauty shop!!

I CAN'T HELP IT!!! Hy SO fight about my PJ habits.....I really should seek help! (not)
See, we may be moving to Pax River, MD in a few months, and something tells me that not too many Afro American BSS are going to be around, so STOCK up now while I can...right?

Back