Maternity Dress????

Innocent_Kiss

I'm looking for a simply elegant chiffon maternity gown. It's actually for our Vow Renewal, so it doesn't need to be super fancy or expensive. I am NOT trying to create a wedding a day. Just a brief ceremony with family and friends. It'll be outdoors. I can't find a store to sell maternity gowns for the life of me. David's Bridal has a handful, and most of them had bad reviews for being "cheap and see thru." Etsy has a small selection. Is there anywhere else I can look? Maternity PLUS SIZED at that (XL/1X)

Thanks xoxoxox

Check popular wedding boards and see if you can get a recommendation for a seamstress in your local area. Depending on your time frame and budget it may be easier to get a dress made for you than off the racks. The seamstress can make the necessary accommodations based on how you are growing.

Also check Bridesmaids dresses through J Crew, Alfred Angelo and other big name stores. They may have a BM dress in white/off white that will meet your needs that a seamstress can alter off the rack or they may be able to rush an order for you.

Lastly depending on where you live go to one of the bigger stores and see what they have in stock. Everyone doesn't list their dresses on line and you never know what treasure you may find until you go in. Good luck (& congratulations)!

Please don't take offense. Just offering a cheap form of advice. If are you are ok just going "up" a size, you might not even need a maternity dress. This will allow you to have more options and keep your costs down. It wasn't until the end of my pregnancy that I realized that I only needed a couple of pairs of maternity jeans and my pillows for bedtime. The rest was marketing. Congrats on the renewal ceremony. I'm sure you will be beautiful no matter what you choose.

Back