Massive Donut

afrodeutsche

I have a 3 1/2" x 1 1/2" donut right now and want to 'upgrade' to something thicker but the hair supply store around the block doesn't carry anything larger than what I currently use.

I'm not a fan of the sock bun concept, cause it dries your hair out and it's kinda sloppy to me. I'm looking for those wirey things.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 41yYm3sK6DL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
    41yYm3sK6DL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 18
What type of socks do you use for your sock buns? Maybe use some pantyhose type material socks and layer/wrap those around your foam bun to make it bigger. Those ones shouldn't dry your hair out

Buy silk/satin material at the fabric store, sew it up like a tube and roll it down like you would do for the sock bun.

I actually was in sally's today and i saw TWO different sizes in there. But I think you should just make your own like the other ladies said.

Blackhairpsray has some bigger ones. http://www.blackhairspray.com/buns-s/129.htm

Or check out some other beauty store/fake hair emporiums in your area. Legally, at least one store in your city has to sell mega pastry jelly donut-esque buns. :laugh:

OT-ish. It probably sounds weird, but I can't wait till my hair is long enough to wear a bun.

Legally, at least one store in your city has to sell mega pastry jelly donut-esque buns. :laugh:

You know, when I wrote this post, I couldn't stop thinking about Dunkin Donuts... *lol

I think I might just have to make my own. I'm tired of tucking five inches of hair under the donut, you know?

Don't know if this will work for you. My hair is actually too short for the smallest bun I could get. So what I use is a scrunchie. I put my hair in a scrunchie (and I know those come in bigger sizes. You could use a satin one.) and then I fold my hair backwards over the scrunchie and then use another scrunchie to hold my hair in place.

Works like a charm for a nice donut bun.

I'll add that sometimes I don't use the first scrunchie. I just put my hair in a pony and then flip it back as if there was a bun holder or scrunchie there, then hold the shape with a scrunchie. It works and makes a nice donut but even though there's actually nothing underneath shaping the bun.

That's what I'm talking about!

http://www.blackhairspray.com/product-p/chdecp80.htm

Oh you pretty big bun... :lick:

I wish you would come without hair...

With hair it could be a super industrial strength protective style. . . .and yes, I'm trying to talk you into wearing that giant krispy kreme on your head. I have bun envy. :lachen:

But seriously, the closest I could find was the smooth type bun form donut rat thingy. . .on ebay. 4 inch diameter. http://cgi.ebay.com/hair-bun-donut-D-Brown-synB-french-rolls-4-diameter_W0QQitemZ310200720459QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA_MWA_Wigs_Extensions?hash=item4839675c4b

You know what's funny about that pic? The bun hair and the model's hair don't even match! What a joke! :lachen::lachen:

I hate seeing that. Seriously. It's the same when I'm gawking at heads full of mismatched hair (real/fake) in the subway.

Still, I wish I could find a bun that size w/o the fake hair. :ohwell:

I think I'm out of luck.

Back