Mary Mary went on tour with Maxwell...so what do you think about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajoyfuljoy

The dynamic gospel duo Mary Mary was invited to open the final three shows for Maxwell's North American summer concert tour. The chart-topping duo opened for the BLACKsummers'night tour on August 2 in Jacksonville, Florida, and August 3 in Charleston, South Carolina, and will be opening again for the final show of their Columbia Records label mate on August 5 in Durham, North Carolina. The gospel group is still soaking in the success of another No. 1 hit "God in Me" from their most recent No.1 album "The Sound."—SG

http://www.essence.com/news_enterta...hos_opening_for_maxwell_on_his_closing_night/

http://www.thelatestmaxwellnews.com/2009/08/03/update-maxwell-summer-09-tour-final/

ooo Ooo oo me first!

fans get their praise on, then they get ready for their husband! LOL

:lachen:

ultimately, the word gets out... i could care less who they tour with. good 4 them

you assuming the whole crowd is married? :lachen:

some may be doing whatever it is they need to in order to stay celibate LOL
and the others, this may be the only God they ever see LOL :lachen:

all married lol didn't think of that...
i'm imagining all those older horny single women pining at maxwell's feet... my mom and her sisters love him lol

You really think that Christian artists can make an impact singing on a secular ticket? How does oil and water mix? Sounds like it was about the Benjamins to me.

I doubt the type of people that would be concerned with Mary Mary opening for Maxwell would be attending the concert.

But you asked what I think about it so... I think I'm not surprised. :ohwell:

You really think that Christian artists can make an impact singing on a secular ticket? How does oil and water mix? Sounds like it was about the Benjamins to me.

Of course it was... its their career... its about the money for all Christian singers... who is innocent from this out of them all? NONE... that whole industry is crazy LOL :lachen:

i am glad they are able to go on tour and spread a good word to so many ppl... :grin:

Aren't Christians suppose to seek and save those who are lost?
Let's be real unsaved people are not exactly trampling down the church doors to hear the "good word", which is why people like Mary Mary go out and witness in arenas that unsaved people might be at...duh!

Secular artists sing with secular artists all of the time.

I don't understand what is the problem.

sarcasm.

I don't understand what is the problem. .

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I'm sorry, but I know what you meant. Non-secular with secular? Am I correct?

I mkae typos all tehe tyme. 24/11 :yep: :yep: :yep:.

I know what I said, it just ddn't type the way that I said it.

Dumb keyboard is the culprit. (grrrrrrrr). :lol:

The dynamic gospel duo Mary Mary was invited to open the final three shows for Maxwell's North American summer concert tour. The chart-topping duo opened for the BLACKsummers'night tour on August 2 in Jacksonville, Florida, and August 3 in Charleston, South Carolina, and will be opening again for the final show of their Columbia Records label mate on August 5 in Durham, North Carolina. The gospel group is still soaking in the success of another No. 1 hit "God in Me" from their most recent No.1 album "The Sound."—SG

http://www.essence.com/news_enterta...hos_opening_for_maxwell_on_his_closing_night/

http://www.thelatestmaxwellnews.com/2009/08/03/update-maxwell-summer-09-tour-final/
I 'hear' you.... :giveheart:

I think she meant what she said Shimmy.. (no typo) get it? thats how i read it.. but maybe I am wrong... in any case its cool, because we all are intitled to our opinion. :)

I don't think that was a typo. :lol:

you assuming the whole crowd is married? :lachen:

I think music-bnatural-smile was referencing other threads.

Caught that!

I don't think there's anything terribly wrong with it, assuming that Mary Mary stay true to ministering about Jesus and salvation. I can't even say anything about staying true to Christian standards because I don't know what their standards are. Can't vouch for anybody's salvation.

I also think it's okay for Christian artist to sing secular music, if that's what they feel God has called them to do. When I say secular music, I mean songs that encourage, inspire, uplift, promote love and positive messages - not some of this raggedy stuff we have on the radio today. But, since Mary Mary is a "gospel" group, I'd hope they'd set and maintain a standard.

Last edited:
I think she meant what she said Shimmy.. (no typo) get it? thats how i read it.. but maybe I am wrong... in any case its cool, because we all are intitled to our opinion. :)

I don't think that was a typo. :lol:

Caught that!

Okay... what I miss ? :lachen: Is it really Secular with Secular or is it, "Non-Secular" with Secular?

Or is it 'Don't nobody know what it is?" :lachen:

Honestly... Has kirk franklin or israel new breed or any other gospel superpower come to your church to sing? No... Cuz the money aint right... Same with any of these speakers at womens conference... They go where the payment is right...

Sorry that's the truth... Christians have to make a living too! Who wouldve thought that they need groceries lol

Okay... what I miss ? :lachen: Is it really Secular with Secular or is it, "Non-Secular" with Secular?

Or is it 'Don't nobody know what it is?" :lachen:

I could be wrong, but I *think* she was implying that Mary Mary are secular artist...they're not singing gospel.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Honestly... Has kirk franklin or israel new breed or any other gospel superpower come to your church to sing? No... Cuz the money aint right... Same with any of these speakers at womens conference... They go where the payment is right...

Sorry that's the truth... Christians have to make a living too! Who wouldve thought that they need groceries lol

Well, Kirk Franklin, Israel New Breed, Jay Moss, Kurk Carr, Fred Hammond, Smokie Norfol, Kieria Sheard, and so many others have performed at my old church on many occasions :grin:.

Actually yes they have... including Byron Cage who was there for Father's Day, Kurt Carr and the Kurt Carr singers who did a concert for us and on and on. They all performed at 2 different services and no the congregation was not charged. :yep:

I could be wrong, but I *think* she was implying that Mary Mary are secular artist...they're not singing gospel.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I laughed when I read it..... :lachen: I don't think that was a typo either...

Ya'll funny!

That reminds me of a revival I went to with this woman speaker and she kept saying how she needed the offering because she had to buy some Formosa (brand of milk). I'd never heard such a thing before.

A-hem... God will supply the needs (and groceries) for the Christian artists who don't find it necessary to pair up with Bishop Seculars to spread the Good News. And it's likely not ONLY saved/Christian people are going to those concerts....

Here's Israel Houghton's Tour Schedule :wow:

Date Tour City, St Venue Map Info.
Aug 19th Agape Family Christian Center Trenton, NJ Agape Family Christian Center map info.

Aug 20th Greater Shiloh Church Easton, PA Greater Shiloh Church map info.

Aug 21st Life Center Harrisburg, PA Life Center map info.

Aug 22nd Israel Houghton with Lakewood Worship Team Houston, TX Lakewood Church map info.

Aug 23rd Israel Houghton with Lakewood Worship Team Houston, TX Lakewood Church map info.

Aug 29th Israel Houghton with Lakewood Worship Team Houston, TX Lakewood Church map info.

Aug 30th Israel Houghton with Lakewood Worship Team Houston, TX Lakewood Church map info.

Sep 1st Christian Songwriter's Conference Hermon, CA Mount Hermon Conference Center map info.

Sep 2nd Christian Songwriter's Conference Hermon, CA Mount Hermon Conference Center map info.

Sep 9th A Deeper Level Conference Houston, TX Grace Church of Humble map info.

Sep 10th A Deeper Level Conference Houston, TX Grace Church of Humble map info.

Sep 11th A Deeper Level Conference Houston, TX Grace Church of Humble map info.

Sep 12th A Deeper Level Conference Houston, TX Grace Church of Humble map info.

Sep 12th Israel Houghton with Lakewood Worship Team Houston, TX Lakewood Church map info.

Sep 13th Israel Houghton with Lakewood Worship Team Houston, TX Lakewood Church map info.

Sep 17th Joyce Meyer Women's Conference St. Louis, MO Edward Jones Dome map info.

Sep 18th Joyce Meyer Women's Conference St. Louis, MO Edward Jones Dome map info.

Sep 19th Joyce Meyer Women's Conference St. Louis, MO Edward Jones Dome map info.

Sep 23rd Stronger 2009 Conference Bradford, England Abundant Life Centre map info.

Sep 29th Heart Revolution Conference San Diego, CA Cornerstone Church of San Diego map info.

Oct 1st Joyce Meyer Conference Atlanta, GA The Arena at Gwinnett Center map info.

Oct 2nd Joyce Meyer Conference Atlanta, GA The Arena at Gwinnett Center map info.

Oct 3rd Joyce Meyer Conference Atlanta, GA The Arena at Gwinnett Center map info.

Oct 4th Israel Houghton with Lakewood Worship Team Houston, TX Lakewood Church map info.

Oct 7th Presence 2009 Pittsburgh, PA Covenant Church of Pittsburgh map info.

Oct 9th Hillsong Conference London, England ExCel Exhibition Centre map info.

Oct 10th Hillsong Conference London, England ExCel Exhibition Centre map info.

Oct 11th Hillsong Conference Europe London, England ExCel Exhibition Centre map info.

Oct 16th Deluge Worship Conference Baton Rouge, LA Bethany South World Prayer Center map info.

Oct 17th Israel Houghton with Lakewood Worship Team Houston, TX Lakewood Church map info.

Oct 18th Israel Houghton with Lakewood Worship Team Houston, TX Lakewood Church map info.

Oct 22nd Rhema Church South Africa's Night of Hope Johannesburg, SA Coca Cola Dome map info.

Oct 23rd Rhema Church South Africa's Night of Hope Johannesburg, South Africa Coca Cola Dome map info.

Oct 24th Durban Intl. Convention Centre Durban, South Africa Durban Intl. Convention Centre map info.

Oct 25th Hillsong Cape Town Cape Town, South Africa Convention Square map info.

Oct 31st Israel Houghton with Lakewood Worship Team Houston, TX Lakewood Church map info.

Nov 1st Israel Houghton with Lakewood Worship Team Houston, TX Lakewood Church map info.

Nov 7th Cottonwood Christian Center Los Alamitos, CA Cottonwood Christian Center map info.

Nov 8th Cottonwood Christian Center Los Alamitos, CA Cottonwood Christian Center map info.

Nov 9th Cottonwood Christian Center Los Alamitos, CA Cottonwood Christian Center map info.

Nov 15th Without Walls Tampa, FL Without Walls map info.

Nov 20th Joyce Meyer Conference Blantyre, Malawi Kamuzu Stadium map info.

Nov 21st Joyce Meyer Conference Blantyre, Malawi Kamuzu Stadium map info.

Nov 22nd Joyce Meyer Conference Blantyre, Malawi Kamuzu Stadium map info.

Apr 8th A Deeper Level Conference San Diego San Diego, CA Cornerstone Church of San Diego map info.

Apr 9th A Deeper Level Conference San Diego San Diego, CA Cornerstone Church of San Diego map info.

Apr 10th A Deeper Level Conference San Diego San Diego, CA Cornerstone Church of San Diego map info.

Aug 11th Cornerstone Church of San Diego San Diego, CA Cornerstone Church of San Diego map info.

I've not been to any of those concerts, but were there altar calls at the end? I wonder how many people got saved after hearing/seeing Maxwell get his grove on on stage. Seriously.

Aren't Christians suppose to seek and save those who are lost?
Let's be real unsaved people are not exactly trampling down the church doors to hear the "good word", which is why people like Mary Mary go out and witness in arenas that unsaved people might be at...duh!

Wow. I don't even know what to say. I guess I haven't kept up with MaryMary-don't have the last album. But have you all read the comments posted on these websites???

Some of the comments from Essence: Something to think about...

I don't see anything wrong with Mary Mary and Maxwell teaming up to tour. If we are honest with ourselves we listen to both of them. Why not tour together? Bringing both "worlds" together.

Yes, I totally agree with the prior posts. Maxwell is soulful and sexy. He will have you in bed! Mary Mary is supposed to be all gospel and sexy. They're supposed to have u in church! The two do not match. Totally unequally yoked.

i love maxwell..and what is mary mary?...an r&b duo or a christian /gospel duo?....maybe both...is that being hypocritical?...just asking...not saying that they are but isnt that singing "worldy" music as they call it?...

oooo maybe I can get tickets to the Israel October concert in Atlanta. rooooaaad trip! :grin: any southerners want to go?

A-hem... God will supply the needs (and groceries) for the Christian artists who don't find it necessary to pair up with Bishop Seculars to spread the Good News. And it's likely not ONLY saved/Christian people are going to those concerts....

Here's Israel Houghton's Tour Schedule :wow:

Date Tour City, St Venue Map Info.
Aug 19th Agape Family Christian Center Trenton, NJ Agape Family Christian Center map info.

Aug 20th Greater Shiloh Church Easton, PA Greater Shiloh Church map info.

Aug 21st Life Center Harrisburg, PA Life Center map info.

Aug 22nd Israel Houghton with Lakewood Worship Team Houston, TX Lakewood Church map info.

Aug 23rd Israel Houghton with Lakewood Worship Team Houston, TX Lakewood Church map info.

Aug 29th Israel Houghton with Lakewood Worship Team Houston, TX Lakewood Church map info.

Aug 30th Israel Houghton with Lakewood Worship Team Houston, TX Lakewood Church map info.

Sep 1st Christian Songwriter's Conference Hermon, CA Mount Hermon Conference Center map info.

Sep 2nd Christian Songwriter's Conference Hermon, CA Mount Hermon Conference Center map info.

Sep 9th A Deeper Level Conference Houston, TX Grace Church of Humble map info.

Sep 10th A Deeper Level Conference Houston, TX Grace Church of Humble map info.

Sep 11th A Deeper Level Conference Houston, TX Grace Church of Humble map info.

Sep 12th A Deeper Level Conference Houston, TX Grace Church of Humble map info.

Sep 12th Israel Houghton with Lakewood Worship Team Houston, TX Lakewood Church map info.

Sep 13th Israel Houghton with Lakewood Worship Team Houston, TX Lakewood Church map info.

Sep 17th Joyce Meyer Women's Conference St. Louis, MO Edward Jones Dome map info.

Sep 18th Joyce Meyer Women's Conference St. Louis, MO Edward Jones Dome map info.

Sep 19th Joyce Meyer Women's Conference St. Louis, MO Edward Jones Dome map info.

Sep 23rd Stronger 2009 Conference Bradford, England Abundant Life Centre map info.

Sep 29th Heart Revolution Conference San Diego, CA Cornerstone Church of San Diego map info.

Oct 1st Joyce Meyer Conference Atlanta, GA The Arena at Gwinnett Center map info.

Oct 2nd Joyce Meyer Conference Atlanta, GA The Arena at Gwinnett Center map info.

Oct 3rd Joyce Meyer Conference Atlanta, GA The Arena at Gwinnett Center map info.

Oct 4th Israel Houghton with Lakewood Worship Team Houston, TX Lakewood Church map info.

Oct 7th Presence 2009 Pittsburgh, PA Covenant Church of Pittsburgh map info.

Oct 9th Hillsong Conference London, England ExCel Exhibition Centre map info.

Oct 10th Hillsong Conference London, England ExCel Exhibition Centre map info.

Oct 11th Hillsong Conference Europe London, England ExCel Exhibition Centre map info.

Oct 16th Deluge Worship Conference Baton Rouge, LA Bethany South World Prayer Center map info.

Oct 17th Israel Houghton with Lakewood Worship Team Houston, TX Lakewood Church map info.

Oct 18th Israel Houghton with Lakewood Worship Team Houston, TX Lakewood Church map info.

Oct 22nd Rhema Church South Africa's Night of Hope Johannesburg, SA Coca Cola Dome map info.

Oct 23rd Rhema Church South Africa's Night of Hope Johannesburg, South Africa Coca Cola Dome map info.

Oct 24th Durban Intl. Convention Centre Durban, South Africa Durban Intl. Convention Centre map info.

Oct 25th Hillsong Cape Town Cape Town, South Africa Convention Square map info.

Oct 31st Israel Houghton with Lakewood Worship Team Houston, TX Lakewood Church map info.

Nov 1st Israel Houghton with Lakewood Worship Team Houston, TX Lakewood Church map info.

Nov 7th Cottonwood Christian Center Los Alamitos, CA Cottonwood Christian Center map info.

Nov 8th Cottonwood Christian Center Los Alamitos, CA Cottonwood Christian Center map info.

Nov 9th Cottonwood Christian Center Los Alamitos, CA Cottonwood Christian Center map info.

Nov 15th Without Walls Tampa, FL Without Walls map info.

Nov 20th Joyce Meyer Conference Blantyre, Malawi Kamuzu Stadium map info.

Nov 21st Joyce Meyer Conference Blantyre, Malawi Kamuzu Stadium map info.

Nov 22nd Joyce Meyer Conference Blantyre, Malawi Kamuzu Stadium map info.

Apr 8th A Deeper Level Conference San Diego San Diego, CA Cornerstone Church of San Diego map info.

Apr 9th A Deeper Level Conference San Diego San Diego, CA Cornerstone Church of San Diego map info.

Apr 10th A Deeper Level Conference San Diego San Diego, CA Cornerstone Church of San Diego map info.

Aug 11th Cornerstone Church of San Diego San Diego, CA Cornerstone Church of San Diego map info.

Thanks for this. :yep: It's important that this clarification was made. Also, he's often with Bishop Charles Blake at the West Angeles Church of God.

Is he not a friend of God or what? I love this song. :meme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXFi6lUUz5s

Even if he were among the Secular audience, he'd be true to his profession of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back