Married Ladies: What Would You Do?

Hello!

I asked him doesn't it make him sad to get closer to me knowing that he is leaving soon. He said that he does not think about it much because it is something that he cannot change now. He otherwise does not say much more about it and does show much emotion/sadness about the subject (if he feels something at all).

Your answer is right here. Cut your losses and move on
Personally I wouldn't go into a LDR unless the relationship was already secure and established.

I would continue being friends with him. Let him pursue his dreams.

In the mean time I'd focus on myself and getting over the issue if not feeling good enough/rejected. Those are issues that WILL pop up in your marriage, so it's best to nip that in the bud now .

The way I see it, he's doing you both a favor by leaving, so you can focus on you.

The awesome thing is that once you're whole, you see things through new eyes. You may not even want him anymore.

Give yourself a little time to grieve and then start dating again. If this guy was the one, he'd be making plans with you in mind. He isn't, and he also doesn't seem to be as emotionally invested as you are.

It will hurt for a minute but you will save so much time and heartbreak down the road.:yep:

Give yourself a little time to grieve and then start dating again. If this guy was the one, he'd be making plans with you in mind. He isn't, and he also doesn't seem to be as emotionally invested as you are.

It will hurt for a minute but you will save so much time and heartbreak down the road.:yep:

I agree. The fact that he "isn't thinking about leaving because he can't change things" shows that he isn't thinking long term. I think you should cut your losses now and move on. :look:

I agree that he doesn't seem as invested as you do. Stop building up the relationship in your head and look at what you actually have in front of you - a man who is leaving and making no long term plans with you - so what's there to love? You don't actually have a potential husband here so stop thinking of him in that way.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to respond to my thread. Your advice was well received.
Great! I concur with all the ladies. Let him go. Plus just a few months of reconnecting you may be infatuated which is intensified by the idea of him leaving. LDRs are tough and he has no plans to do otherwise. Heal that heart of yours.

Back