Marcia Teixeira Keratin Users - Questions

| use the extreme chocolate pre -treatment shampoo. (I'm now relaxed and I put BKT on top ..love the result way way more)

When I was natural I would do a clarifying shampoo, then a deep moisturizing DC , then the keratin treatment.

Dont sleep on the buriti oil that the brand has...it is the bomb. I love it. it makes my results even better!!!!

thanks for the response, BlackHairDiva!

Can you list out the steps for the treatment? I think it is:

Clarifying shampoo
DC too? (I didn't know that)
Blow dry hair
Apply product
Blow dry hair
Flat iron
Leave in for 4 days
Wash again -- is this where the oil comes in?

CarLiTa

Well i haven't used this particular product but i haven't seen a difference if i use a recommended clarifying shampoo vs a regular shampoo for pre treatment.

if you want to follow the instructions to a "T" just get a drug store clarifying shampoo. other wise use what you have.

4 oz is plenty. i tend to use 1-1.5 oz per application. I do think that this is a bit expensive per oz.(but then again i'm cheap! lol)

As for the application, i personally modified the treatment for my fine curly hair needs. here is my modified application:
cleanse
towel dry
apply(modified)
blowdry with drush attachment
flat iron 2 passes at 345.

I also tend to keep my straight hair for a week. I have too much going on for me to wash more than that.lol the next wash is just a regular wash day.

Please tell me how it goes!

Napp, so you do not blow dry between the wash and the application of the product. Hm. My hair is fairly fine, too.
Is your hair stick straight after the application? What I am hoping to accomplish is less frizz, high-shine.

@Napp, so you do not blow dry between the wash and the application of the product. Hm. My hair is fairly fine, too.
Is your hair stick straight after the application? What I am hoping to accomplish is less frizz, high-shine.

yes my hair is stick straight. If my hair is not straight when im done, the formula sucks.(as far as preventing frizz when straight) I never did the blow dry step and i have had great results and no hair loss.

Back