March Hits and Misses

Spagirl

With 2 unplanned holidays away from home I used my circumstances (no products with me) to justify (
pinocchio.gif
) purchasing some hair supplies.
spank.gif

Hits:

Aveda Elixir leave-on conditioner
Clairol Purifying Shampoo (not as harsh as other clarifying shampoos I've used.)
Dudley's DRC 28 (Like scent when compared to Aphogee Protein Tx)
Edited to add:
Tisserand's Jasmine in Jojoba EO (for blends)
Tisserand's Mandarin EO (for blends)

Misses:

None

Jury out on:

Alterna Caviar Conditioner
ABBA Molasses Purifier
Ayurvedic Hair Oil
Elasta QP Shampoo Edited to add: (bodifying shampoo)

Chris Kilham's True Tamanu (I don't care for the smell of this oil blend but using it on my daughter's scalp as a tx for flaking.) <<Fingers crossed>>

Have you tried the Molasses Purifier yet?I really like this.It clarifies without stripping my hair.And I find it kinda cool that it's black

mmm . . . let's see:

<font color="green">HITS </font>

<ul type="square">

[*]FNWL avocado butter
i
love.gif
this stuff. works wonders at controlling flyaways and keeping my hair feeling oh so moisturized.

[*]nature's gate tea trea oil conditioner
whew, conditioner washes have never had it this good.
grin.gif

[/list]

no misses this month.
weird.gif
i'm on a roll ! ! !
driver.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Spagirl said:
With 2 unplanned holidays away from home I used my circumstances to justify (
pinocchio.gif
) purchasing some hair supplies.
spank.gif

Hits:

Aveda Elixir leave-on conditioner
Clairol Purifying Shampoo (not as harsh as other clarifying shampoos I've used.)
Dudley's DRC 28 (Like scent when compared to Aphogee Protein Tx)

Misses:

None

Jury out on:

Alterna Caviar Conditioner
ABBA Molasses Purifier
Ayurvedic Hair Oil
Elasta QP Shampoo

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh please let me know at about the Alterna Conditioner. I've been thinking of purchasing some from ebay for a while now.

[ QUOTE ]
Spagirl said:
Ayurvedic Hair Oil

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this Amla oil?

[ QUOTE ]
cutebajangirl said:
[ QUOTE ]
bree said:
Hit:
Elucence relaxer
Rusk smoother

[/ QUOTE ]
You finally got it?

[/ QUOTE ]

YESSSSSSS,I feel so special that you noticed, thanks cbg
kiss.gif
. i was gonna post about it after i took pics.

[ QUOTE ]
katie said:
Have you tried the Molasses Purifier yet?I really like this.It clarifies without stripping my hair.And I find it kinda cool that it's black

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I did during my last wash. I was over zealous at that time and used it after lathering up with Clairol's Herbal Essences Purifying shampoo once or twice first. Even after using the 2 of them together, my hair wasn't over stripped as it would have been if I had used some of my other clarifiers the same way. I enjoyed using ABBA's Purifier but in that it wasn't used 1st or as a solo product I felt it best to wait and use it differently before listing it as a hit.
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
SVT said:
[ QUOTE ]
Spagirl said:
Ayurvedic Hair Oil

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this Amla oil?

[/ QUOTE ]

I had misplace this oil when I posted so please forgive me for not giving the proper name of the product. The proper name is "Herbal Hair Oil" rejuvenating Ayurvedic blend.

It only contains an extract of Amala as one of the ingredients.

Here are the ingredients:

Oils of: Peanut, sesame, and sunflower;

Extracts of: Bhringraj, brahmi, amala, harad, behra, padmakha nagamotha and jataamansi;

Vit. E

Hits:
-Aveda Brilliant Shampoo and Conditioner (Old favorite)
-Aveda Elixer
-Aveda Be Curly
-Fantasia Frizz Buster Straighning Gel (smooth and pulling back my hair, didn't try it as a straightening gel)
-Miss Jessie's Buttercreme (my free sample which will have to do for a looooooong time...)
-Hairobics Hair and Scalp Conditioner (tingle tingle!!!)
-Hairobics Therapudic Shampoo (another old favorite)
-Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue-Much lighter than the pudding and adds a little control and shine

Misses:
Miss Jessies Curly Pudding-good product, just a little too thick and heavy for me (smells like grape candy, but just too strong)

Back