March 2009~Hits & Misses~

hit: co washing with vo5 passion fruit smoothie mixed with a ton of evoo and honey

on the fence: oyin honey hemp conditioner

miss: oyin juices and berries. i think i hated this lol. but i think it will work much better if i add coconut oil and a little more water.

hit: miss jessies baby butter creme

Hit: Wen Fig Cleansing Conditioner. This product works as a shampoo, conditioner, and leave-in. I didn't think I would like it at first because conditioning washes didn't really work for me, and almost all shampoos dry out my hair over time, so I wanted to try something different. My first wash went well, in the shower my hair had good slip and felt moisturized and my scalp tingled. After towel drying, my hair needed a bit more moisture, so I used some Wen as a leave-in. So far so good. My hair feels soft and pretty moisturized. I haven't used any other products with it so I could really see how it worked. Next time I would like to put a drop or two of oil in my hair for a bit of shine though. The only drawback is the cost ($35 total for 16 oz) and smell, it smells kind of medicinal. The final test is to see if this product holds up over the next few weeks (when my new growth really gets thick).

Hit - Abba Pure Curl Shampoo. Love, love, love it! It is sulfate free and does not leave my hair a tangled, matted mess (most shampoo is unholy!). My hair was easy to separate/detangle after using this shampoo and the curls/coils were springy.

Now I hope it was not discontinued, because I found it at an off-price retailer.

ETA: I love the scent as well!

One of my staples is definitely on the fence: lustrasilk shea and mango cholesterol. Its not moisturizing my hair at all anymore

Hit: Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Lotion as a leave-in on dry hair! My hair was feeling really dry this morning and it's time to wash but I don't really have time today, so I threw this on my hair and BAM! Moisture and softness! I sprayed some Keratin Mist on it to avoid moisture overload and sealed with Sizta 2 Sizta Amazing Shine and WOW. My hair looks and feels GREAT! :grin: I can't wait to try this as a leave-in on wet hair!

Hits

Aussie Moist (brought my hair back to normal after two days of near craziness). It smells so good and I love the thickness.

They were ranting about this on the CoWash Challenge and I needed a good moisture condish and this stuff was what my hair was craving. I used it this morning. The smell can be a little overwelming if you use too much (I can be heavy handed at times) but my hair felt extra soft. And it had enough weight in it that my curls were just poppin'

Hits:
  • Kinky Curly Knot Today (I bought this a couple of months ago and hated it, I didn't think I was using it right and gave it a second shot and had stunning results!!! This is my new staple leave-in/detangler)
My mom turned me on to this a couple of weeks ago and my hair just loved it!! My hair detangled so easily, was uber soft, and smelled delish. This is my new staple as well.

Hit:
KCCC: for my braid out and it lasted a whole week and wasn't frizzy until the 3rd or 4th day when usually its all frizzy by the 2nd day.
ORS Aloe Shampoo: not a fan of poos but this worked just like it said it would (helped with the hard water build up and moisturized) and had some great slip afterward

Revisting: Protein Treatments:spinning:
Joico K-Pak (love the smell)
Roux Mendex (need to use again, not impressed so far)
MT & OCT:perplexed (may just use as scalp treatment)
None of them have really stopped my breakage issue with weekly use. Next up is Nexxus Emergencee.

MISS
Darcy's Botanicals
I meant to put this the beginning of the week. I've never been so disappointed in a product, to be honest! This is the first time a product has had a negative effect on my hair that was really obvious. That was my last time ordering from a new store. I'm sticking with what I know.

Hit
Chagrin Valley soap and acv rinses
hairveda almond glaze and green tea butter

No misses, yay me! :yay: because I have stopped the PJ madness. I'm using up the stuff i have.

Big hit! Henna! Mixed Chamomile tea Coconut oil and conditioner. :up:

Hit
Bioinfusion Professional leave in my hair was soft and moisturized and it wasn't weighted down plus it smells great

GVP conditioning balm thick and creamy

Kerastase Oleo-Relax!!!!!!!!!!:worship2:
I caved in and bought the shampoo,mask and serum. I am 12 to 13 weeks post(lost my count) and I have never received so many compliments. I clarified,used the shampoo, the mask (not a lot of slip,but the results, shiny shiny baby soft hair). 2 days later, I bought the serum, I'm having some of the best hair days!
I'm going to continue using it until I run out,then I'll go back to my beloved Alter Ego Nequal and Alfaparf Semi di Lino.

(and yes, I've used L'oreal vive,although the ingredients(except for some) are the same,I guess the ones that are different make all the difference to my hair)

Hit: Garnier Fructis sculpting cream-gel, so far so good. The real test against frizz will come with the summer heat though. I used this to do twists along with coco-JBCO mix.

Revisited Hit: Long Aid activator gel on the ends. I put on this morning to hydrate to the tips. I almost didn't buy it, now I'm glad I did.

Big old miss: I should have known better coconut oil to seal. My hur is dried out. I'll stick to using it on my skin.

Hit:
Porosity Control Shampoo

I'm mad that I've had this for months and never used it. Hair so soft, so smooth. Yes!

Continuous hit...

Worlds of Curls moisturizer and Surge 14. I'm in braids and I use this daily on my NG (especially on my nape). It's growing in stronger and softer. No breakage in the nape area. It's a keeper.

Why oh why did this discontinue making Surge? :cry:

Hits:
Mastex Heat Cap--I just got this today and I am loving it!
Ayurvedic powders mixed in dc & cowashes
Ayurvedic tea rinse
Protein, protein, and more protein

I may need to check this out.

lasso1.gif

*hair product junkie sheriff ready and waiting to reign some folks in...*

Continuous never will stop being a hit: Redken Shades EQ -- there's a reason why this is the #1 stylist chosen, salon quality demi-permanent color in the nation! Hair is richly colored, gloss closes cuticles AND conditions hair and the shine is wonderful!

Hit: Surya Leave-In Conditioner from the Color Fixation line-- good, creamy leave in that left my hair soft and soooo easy to detangle. Hair feels moisturized!

Affirm Positive Link
PM Super-Charged Moisturizer

Hit: Hairveda Shea Aloe(old version) - I use it around my hairline for a lil extra moisture

Miss: Profectiv Break free- Made my hair hard as steel

Revisited Hits
Nature Gate Jojoba Conditioner
VO5 Champagne Kiss Conditioner
SURGE,:yep: still have some in my stash
Smoothe N Shine Silk Fusion Repair Oil

doing the big chop-major hit

big hits: devacurl one condition
miss jessies curly pudding
miss jessies curly mirengue

oyin handmade: at first i didnt like this but now i love it.

Back