March 10 11 12 What Are Your Weekend Hair Plans??

Overnight: WEN Pomegranate Oil (under saran wrap & plastic cap)

Tomorrow a.m.: Soak for a few hours with AVJ & EVOO Oil (under saran wrap & plastic cap)
Cleanse: VO5 Kiwi & Lime Clarifying Conditioner
Treat: Alter Ego Garlic Treatment (under dryer)
Steam: MJ's Super Sweet Back
Apply: Eqyss Avocado Mist to detangle
Leave-In: QB's AOHC or....Sarenzo's Heavy Cream

Tonight:
Pre-poo: Annabelle's Pre-poo Treatment under heat for 30 mins

Tomorrow:
Poo: CD's Sulfate Free Shampoo with Tee Tree Oil and Peppermint Oil
DC: Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk Cream Moisture Dream under heat for 30 mins
Leave-ins: Annabelles/Oil/Naturelle Grow
Dry: Air Dry
Moisturize: Olive Oil & Mango Butter Moisturizer
Seal: Marie Dean Argan Oil
Style: Bun

I've already chunky twisted my hair in preparation for the following this weekend:

Cleanse: 22nd Century Natural Woman Shampoo Bar
Detangle/DC: TGIN Honey Miracle Hair Mask sample (hope the 2 oz. sample is enough!)
Scalp exfoliation: DIY mixture of clarifying shampoo, aspirin, tea tree oil, and peppermint oil (until I can obtain Nioxin Dermabrasion Treatment) massaged in and left on hair for 15 minutes

* Rinse-out conditioner: The Mane Choice Ancient Egyptian Anti-breakage & Repair Antidote Conditioner
Edge treatment: Netwurks Revitalizing Hair Spray

Style: Ponytailed twist-out
Leave-in conditioner: TGIN Green Tea Super Moist Leave In Conditioner
Styling gel: Mielle Organics Honey & Ginger Styling Gel
Edge gel: Mielle Organics Honey & Ginger Edge Gel​

I might skip the rinse-out conditioning step. This seems like a lot of steps.

Today:

Prepoo: DIY detangler (marshmallow and slippery elm tea+ avocado oil, thickened with xanthan and guar gum) Let sit on my hair most of the day.
Scalp Exfoliation: Aloe Vera Gel and liquid AHAs
Diluted Shampoo: Ion Hard water shampoo
Steam DC and Leave In: Marshmallow Moisture Balm topped with GVP Nexxus Hummectress mixed with coconut and olive oil
Seal: Whipped avocado butter and olive oil blend
Style: 6 braids to wear under wig

I'm also going to pluck and customize two new wigs I picked up yesterday.

Tonight I hope to use the left over henna treatment I have in the fridge. I added just small amount of dry henna to it to make sure it's enough for all my roots.

I have it warming up in a hot cabby for about 90 minutes and will be sleeping with it on my hair overnight. I want to cut some of my hair treatment day tomorrow in half so I can get out earlier to do my Saturday runs.

Tomorrow I plan to:

Indigo my hair....maybe if I have time
R/O Condition with Redken Color Extend Conditioner
Shampoo with either the last of some Pureology Hydrating poo or Brocato Swell Volume Full Body Shampoo - most likely the latter though
Deep Moisturized Conditioning with APB Ultra Conditioning Souffle
Leave-in with NG Hibiscus and Honey

Friday
Overnight egg + oil treatment: 2 eggs, olive oil, jojoba oil, rice bran oil, Sacha inchi seed oil, just a touch of ACV.

Saturday
Rinse and shampoo roots: CON Argan Oil Shampoo.
DC: APB UCS
Clay: C.bentonite, kaolin, marshmallow root + hibiscus tea, SAA.
Rice water rinse.
Finish: Shea butter on ends, diluted KCCC.

Last edited:
This morning I washed out my henna treatment and decided not to indigo it today. I ended up using up my Bekura Vanilla Whiskey Deep Conditioner to cowash out my henna because it did a better job than my Redken Color Extend. I don't have any cheapy conditioners in my stash at the moment so I had to use what I do have.

I have the last of the Vanilla Whiskey DC on my hair right now mixed in with some APB UCS as my deep conditioner. I don't have a whole of time for washing my hair today and that is why I combined them to make the perfect moisture/protein DC.

I'll DC with this for about 30 minutes with some heat, leave-in and head out the door in a couple of hours hopefully.

Last Night:
  • Pre-poo'd with Claudie's Pre-Shampoo Hair Rx.
  • Exfoliated scalp with SE Scalp Pre-Cleanse Rx + AHA's.
  • Cleansed with Joic* Clarifying Poo.
  • Henna Rx overnight in four Bantu Knots.
Today:
  • Rinsed out henna mix with GVP Conditioning Balm.
  • DC'd with JC DCT.
  • LCOB with LRC Shake &Go, Bekura Palm Tapioca, HV Shikakai, and HV Almond Glaze.
  • Set in five Snoop Dogg braids for MHD Signature Braid Out.

I will wash on Sunday with EO essential poo and DC with Db pumpkinseed. I will use DB leave-in to detangle and she afroveda whipped gelly to twist. I will LCO with soultancials aqua man diluted with water, claudies quinoa-coffee balancing, and babassau-argan-jbco to seal. I will keep my twists in a loose bun or ponytail all week.

Back