March 09: What did you buy this week?

I bought Kinky-Curly Come Clean and the spiral spritz. I like the spritz but the shampoo is going back. My hair felt so hard but I love the rest of their products.

I bought Hask Placenta Leave-In, Aphogee 2 Min. Reconstructor (since it was getting rave reviews from the ladies on here) and Folicure Moisturizing Conditioner.

i bought a sample of Miss Jessie's curly pudding. i've been eyeing those products for years and still didn't think it was worth the $8 sample. we'll see how my braidout turns out.

i have a package waiting for me at the post office so i will be picking it up friday morning. i have no idea what the product is lol because i ordered so much stuff.
i think its either darcy botanicals or karen body beautiful.

I went to sally's and i restocked on my proline softner moisturizer 2 bottles and i also purchased Sally's version of Paul Mitchell Leave in Conditioner.

More like this month:

-Giovani Direct LA hold gel--on clearance at Duane Reade. AWFUL! Used it to smooth edges while wearing a bun and they came out HARD! Also it smells funky
-Giovani Direct hairspray (whatever its called)--also on clearance. The smell is too horrifying for me to really try it. Smells like alcohol-filled hairspray even though its supposed to be natural.
-ORS wrap lotion (messing up the name)--this worked well on my roller set experiment!
-Bentonite Clay--great stuff. Used it on my face and my hair (dry). Hair came out soft after I rinsed it (was scared because its so HARD when you put it in your hair like its gonna snap!)

I just bought the Jilbere Steam Flat Iron from Sally's (online) for $29.99. It is their "knockoff" of Conair's Steam Flat Iron that sells for $99.

:drunk: I'm trying to prevent shedding soooooo I purchased:

Aubrey Organics GPB protein shampoo
Aubrey Organics GPB protein conditioner
Aubrey Organics White Camellia and Jasmine Shine conditioner--I've noticed it has bad reviews from this board...
Henna Neutral/Clear for conditioning purposes

Hey I really need the protein!!!!!!!!! :spinning:

Last edited:
A Revlon Tourmaline ionic hair dryer
Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Shampoo
Sedu 1 inch flat iron

Can't wait to try all three products out!

More like this month:

-Giovani Direct LA hold gel--on clearance at Duane Reade. AWFUL! Used it to smooth edges while wearing a bun and they came out HARD! Also it smells funky
-Giovani Direct hairspray (whatever its called)--also on clearance. The smell is too horrifying for me to really try it. Smells like alcohol-filled hairspray even though its supposed to be natural.
-ORS wrap lotion (messing up the name)--this worked well on my roller set experiment!
-Bentonite Clay--great stuff. Used it on my face and my hair (dry). Hair came out soft after I rinsed it (was scared because its so HARD when you put it in your hair like its gonna snap!)

So glad I read this, I was just about to buy the Giovanni gel.

HE LTR leave in
Silk 'n Smooth Silk and Pearl Deep conditioner
Soft n Pretty Olive Oil Detangler
Fantasia IC with Sparklites

Target:
Hair Barrettes
Patene Relaxed & Natural Breakage Defense Mask
Patene Nature Fusion Moisture Balance Condish
Suave Refreshing Tangerine Condish

Sally's:
Applicator bottles
Spray bottles
Whisks
Turbie twists
Headband

The Body Shop Honey Moisturizing Conditioner --- i am in love! :lick:

I like this conditioner alot, didn't like the shampoo as much.

I was out looking for ecosytler gel yesterday with no success. They had IC but that gave me helmet hair long ago. So, I picked up some garnier fructis curl sculpting cream-gel for my fatty twists. I like it so far it was nice and slippery. I shall see how well it protects against frizz. I was doing the white girl hair toss this mornin' & had mama and them laughing.

TJ's Nourish Spa Condish
TJ's Tea Tree Tingle Condish
Attempted to buy coconut milk from Harris Teeter but the shelf was cleared out . I'm blaming ya'll!

I bought nothing this week. I still cant believe it. But the week is not over yet. I have to stay home tomorrow...lol.

Oh yeah I also got the Denman D4 (to replace my older D-whatever...it was sliding out such that my hair would get caught). And another Aubrey GPB conditioner.

I bought a few things this weekend. I really made out well!

At beautyfirst I had a $10 off coupon and they took 20% off on top of that because of their reusable shopping bag I bought.

Anyway for only $36 I got

-2 jars Real Control Mask
-1 tube of the the Real Control Moisturizing Cream
-1 free : full size Redken Extreme Anti-Snap Leave in
-a really cute shopping bag (everyone has one now :rolleyes:)

Not sure I will like that leave-in, but it was free so we will see. I used the Real Control on my son's 3C hair once and it was so soft so I decided to go ahead and get these for him.

Edited to add:
From Sally's Ion Emergency Service 3 step kit - I love this stuff. I don't need it right now, but I like to keep one in the house.

Last edited:
1. Aussie Moist 32oz with pump (very handy)--Loved it!! Thanks Cowash Challengers
2. ORS Aloe Shampoo

I already know I'm getting some Nexxus Emergencee, Aloe Vera Juice, and either coconut oil or castor oil at the whole foods store and I'll stop in Sally's on Wednesday when I get paid. I know I'm a PJ.:nono:

I Purchased some oils from Oilbynature.com.

2 Bottles of Castro oil a 16 & 32oz the 32oz is for me and the 16oz is for a Hair Junky like me.
1 16oz of jojoba oil
1 1lb of coconut oil

and some fantasia gel from Kmart

I went to the US for the first time since Christmas 2007...so, you know I was bad...

• 3 oz. of 40,000 iu Vitamin E oil
  • (2x) 8 oz 100% aloe vera gel
  • Fantasia IC gel with Sparkelites (sp?)
  • Fantasia IC "hard to hold" gel with Sparkelites - new FAVORITE!!!
  • (3x) 5 oz. of pure unrefined shea butter
  • Roux Porosity Control
  • 4 packs of wet n wavy braid hair @ $16 per pack (for mid-April)
  • 2 bottles chlorophyll (100 tablets each)
  • Goody snag-free shower comb
  • Goody wide-toothed regular comb
  • Goody snag-free hand pic
  • (4x) Goody clips - the pretty plastic and metal ones for the fronts of my hair while wearing my TWA
  • New bonnet
  • New spray bottle for applying water-based moisturizers. LOVE IT!!!
I know I am forgetting a few items, but I think you get the picture...

cj

Back