Marathon Hair!! HELP!!!

loverofnaps71

Hi!

I am proud to report that I just completed my first marathon yesterday!!
clap.gif
But, my hair took a real beating
spank.gif
It's dry, dull and lifeless. I tried deep conditioning, but that really did not work.

I would be delighted to hear some suggestions, especially from you active ladies out there who've had the same problem.

Thank you so much in advance!
kiss.gif

WHOA!!! congratulations, LON!!!
clap.gif
that's quite an accomplisment. how long had you been training prior to running in it?

when you say you deep conditioned, is that all you did? i just want to be sure on everything that you tried. and did you sit under a dryer with heat or just use a plastic cap and body heat?

oh, what was the condition of your hair prior to running? what i mean is is this a culmination of worsening hair condition, or was it something that just happened yesterday?

I will leave the advice giving to the pros for this one, because I'm not yet nearly as active in terms of exercising as I should be, so I don't know exactly what advice to give. But I just wanted to say congradulations as well.
dance7.gif
Completing a marathon is a wonderful accomplishment and very inspiring.
drunk.gif

Hi and thank you all!!! I just left a conditioner on for about 5 minutes. I clarified with Pantene clarifying shampoo to attack the build up, sweat, salt. But, I first rinsed my hair really well to get the salt out, clarified, then used Pantene's Relaxed and Natural conditioner. Left the conditioner for about 5 minutes as I showered, then rinsed. I added a leave-in and that's it. But, my hair still feels dull, dry and frazzled. Perhaps I should try a hot oil treatment and sit under the dryer???

Thanks for your advice...

Back