Making Non- Frizzy Bantu Knot Sets with all natural products...

dlove

I'm going to start wearing Bantu Knot sets daily. I realized late one night that 4b nappturals cant do that "smooth- rollerset- wrap -your hair with saran wrap while sitting under dryer thing" and get a away with it. That same late night I discovered Bantu knots and the results were actually beautiful albeit the frizziness.

All I did was wash, condish, sealed with my shea butter and oil concoction, twisted in a total of 9 and let air dry overnight. Though the curls were defined, I suffered from the frizzies.

Because I am an avid moisturizer and sealing type- both morning and night. Anything with a cone in it (ie Lacio Lacio, Chi serum, Aveda Light serum) will prevent moisture from getting to my hair rendering my hair hard as a rock.

I have learned to use the K-cutter to detangle when wet and finger comb this style when dry.

On CurlyNikki's Blog
CurlyNikki.com ( just scroll down, ull find it)
She says that u have to be super careful when taking them down, or ull end up wit frizz

Sorry to break it to you but since you have hair in the 4 range, you're going to have some frizz. That's just life.

But, if you want to minimize it, make sure your hair is completely dry when you take the knots out. If my hair is even a little bit damp, it starts to shrink up when I take the knots out and goes right back to a fro instead of curly. Also, be careful when you separate the knots/curls, if you manipulate or separate too much you'll get a fluffy fro instead of defined curls.

Depending on what I'm going for, I'll separate the curls a lot if I just wanted a stretched out fro. If I want obvious curls then I make sure they are COMPLETELY dry (I let them dry from 6pm til the next morning) and well moisturized. The more moisture you have, the more defined they'll be. I always got more defined curls when using conditioner (Oyin Honey Hemp), but don't use too much or else it won't dry. If I just use castor oil, then I get a fluffy curly fro.

Also, do you two strand twist first then knot? I find that when I do that it works out better when it's time to separate.

i would two strand twist first and then knot. also, make sure it is completely dry before you take them down. it might help to use a little bit of a styler product like kccc or AO moisturizing jelly.

Thanks ladies. I thought the only way to do bantu knots where to first do two strand twists then knot. Is there a new technique?

i am currently in tiny bantu knots(aka chiney bumps) that give the illusion of a short hairstyle... i use a mixture of coconut oil, natures blessing, and avocado butter. i plait the hair to airdry first, when dry,,, spritz lightly... w/leave in or whatever... i dont 2 strand twist first... i twirl... to the very end ... and then wrap into the lil cocoon... the knots should resemble lil beehives... make sure that you twist to the very end... wrapping the end strand around the cocoon... if the end piece isnt smooth you will get frizz...

Attachments

• 0_IMAGE_052.jpg
    0_IMAGE_052.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 0_IMAGE_032.jpg
    0_IMAGE_032.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 35
You have to make sure your hair is COMPLETELY dry before taking down the bantu knots.

Also, before knotting your hair, make sure the section is THOROUGHLY detangled and VERY smooth.

Back