Major conditioner question. Help me out ladies!

kreeme

I have some questions concerning my conditioners. I don’t know which are protein and which are not. For instance, I love the Olive Oil Replenishing Pak, so I’ve been slapping that on my head like every other day now. :woot: So is the protein “bad” per se for my hair? I’ve made a small list of conditioners that I have.:cool: Can some of you ladies give me some input so that I know which category to put them in? I’m in the process of buying a few of those 3 drawer carts to organize my PJ cravings. I just need to know what to use and when to use it and how often...
  • Olive Oil Replenishing Pak :dance7:
  • Smooth N Shine Therapy Repair Xtreme Pak :woot:
  • Nexxus Keraphix :woot:
  • Nexxus Therappe :nono:
  • Bed Head – Moisture Maniac :yep:
  • Bed Head – Self Absorbed :yep:
  • Silicon Mix :yep:
  • ORS Hair Mayo (this is protein, right?) :nono:
  • Fructis Cream conditioner for fine hair :nono:
  • V05 Strawberries and Cream :yep:
  • Wheat Germ Dominican Conditioner (Germen di Trigo)
  • Whale Sperm Dominican Conditioner (Capilo) :yep:
  • Cinnamon Dominican Conditioner (Suela y Canela) :yep:
  • Honey and Almond Dominican Conditioner (Miel y Almendras) :nono:
  • Paul Mitchell Super charged moisture :nono:
  • Paul Mitchell Tea Tree :yep:

I can't give really give any suggestions because I don't "categorize" my conditioners, I just keep a constant rotation that does not really change. But, you ain't playing girl. I would be overwhelmed, too, with all of those conditioners. ;)

Here are some common names of proteins: I hope this helps. Also the further up the list the more protein the product contains.A lot of people seem to be scared of protein but remember hair is made from portein. If your hair likes it (ORS) then I say keep using it until you hair says not to.

Cocodimonium hydroxypropyl hydrolyzed casein
Cocodimonium hydroxypropyl hydrolyzed collagen
Cocodimonium hydroxypropyl hydrolyzed hair keratin
Cocodimonium hydroxypropyl hydrolyzed keratin
Cocodimonium hydroxypropyl hydrolyzed rice protein
Cocodimonium hydroxypropyl hydrolyzed silk
Cocodimonium hydroxypropyl hydrolyzed soy protein
Cocodimonium hydroxypropyl hydrolyzed wheat protein
Cocodimonium hydroxypropyl silk amino acids
Cocoyl hydrolyzed collagen
Cocoyl hydrolyzed keratin
Hydrolyzed keratin
Hydrolyzed oat flour
Hydrolyzed silk
Hydrolyzed silk protein
Hydrolyzed soy protein
Hydrolyzed wheat protein
Hydrolyzed wheat protein
Keratin
Potassium cocoyl hydrolyzed collagen
TEA-cocoyl hydrolyzed collagen
TEA-cocoyl hydrolyzed soy protein

HoneyDew said:
I can't give really give any suggestions because I don't "categorize" my conditioners, I just keep a constant rotation that does not really change. But, you ain't playing girl. I would be overwhelmed, too, with all of those conditioners. ;)

HoneyDew, Overwhelmed is not the word! Shoot, I done already told you, that is a "small" list of conditioners. I have other things that I did not list and have not updated to place in my Fotki yet. But I just got ish all over the place. Looks like I robbed the BSS in my bathroom. :lol:

Thanks for the tip Mizani...my problem is I'm too lazy to be reading all of my labels. :perplexed I have so many. But I am definitely going to look for the key words and go from there. ;)

You should just toss the ones that don't work or give them away. They can get in the way. I know how it is, even after cleaning out some stuff, i still have hair products all over the place!

You could take the ones that you love and rotate them or mix them. Ju7st use what works, you know.

That way you are not giving yourself too much of anything.

Let me explain something to you. I brought a whole bag of stuff to the LHCF meeting this weekend...gave it all away. How about I came home with just as much as I gave away? :lol: I tried to sneak it in the house. My sweetie was looking at me and he just shook his head. The products I have listed, I've tried all of them at least once and liked them. I am a major product junkie...always looking for that miracle cure to get my hair down my back again. :lol: I'm growing my daughters hair out as well, so if the stuff doesn't work for me, I try it on her hair. A lot of these items work for her, but not for me, so that's why I have so much...at least thats what I keep telling myself. :look:

kreeme said:
Let me explain something to you. I brought a whole bag of stuff to the LHCF meeting this weekend...gave it all away. How about I came home with just as much as I gave away? :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

lmjenk67 said:
Kreeme:

I just called a local rehab center for PJ's and they have a bed waiting for you!:lachen:

Oh I know you ain't calling me out lmjenk!!! Not when we meet up every other week giving samples of the stuff we bought. If I got a bed YOU got a bed!!! :lol:

HoneyDew said:

Stop laughing at me. I had a headache trying to figure out how I was going to sneak that mess back into the house. Matter fact, as I was walking up the stairs to put it in our bathroom, the gift back I was carrying the stuff in finally broke. Everything came tumbling down the stairs. He came out the room (thinking me and the baby fell) and just looked at me. :lol: He didn't say a word, he just helped me pile everything up and he just threw it all in the sink for ME to sort out. :lachen:

Oh my God...ROTFLMAO! That was too funny! I can't help you out here, i can only say that I am SO GLAD I have found my Holy Grail conditioner and shampoo so I don't have to go through this! I cleaned out all my stuff that i tried & didn't work and gave them away. The stuff filled one of those big plastic tubs you get to store stuff. I know how you feel!

Good luck & HHG!

A

kreeme said:
HoneyDew, Overwhelmed is not the word! Shoot, I done already told you, that is a "small" list of conditioners. I have other things that I did not list and have not updated to place in my Fotki yet. But I just got ish all over the place. Looks like I robbed the BSS in my bathroom. :lol:

Thanks for the tip Mizani...my problem is I'm too lazy to be reading all of my labels. :perplexed I have so many. But I am definitely going to look for the key words and go from there. ;)

Off topic. Are you being serious :confused:

I can answer that question. Kreeme and I are friends and she is VERY SERIOUS:grin: In fact every time she buys something, she brings me samples so I know for a fact she has all those listed products and more!!!

ETA: I just saw where you said we meet up to exchange products. You know it is mostly you giving me products since you make WAY more purchases than I do. If I have a bed, it's only to make sure you don't escape to some BSS!

Last edited:
~Nigeria~ said:
I ment the bold statement :)

Yes. It is very overwhelming. I never know what to use and where to start. That's why I started the thread. I just don't want to overdue it on the things that might not be good for my hair.

Back