Maintenance after dominican salon visit...

Leslie_C

this is inspired by the "advice from hairdresser" thread...Im sure those of u that have been to a dominican salon know that they dont use many products on your hair to acheive the light bouncy look, but Im wondering what products u use in the days after to maintain the look as well as the moisture in the hair?

Ive never had a blow out but when it was flat ironed, the moisture would stay in my hair with just a tiny bit of oil or serum/polish applied daily till my next wash. I had this done friday and my hair still feels soft and silky.

any thoughts?

after I wash it it will be back to protective styles anyway but Im just curious....

A serum all over and a little moisturizer on the last three inches of my hair. A dime/nickle sized amount will do. Since you mentoned you do fine with just a serum, I would just do that. That works for me too.
smile.gif

I never had to use anything on my hair following a dominican blow out. They applied a little hair dressing (perfect for perms) after blowing/styling, but that's it.

I follow the same regiment.

[ QUOTE ]
Leslie_C said:
this is inspired by the "advice from hairdresser" thread...Im sure those of u that have been to a dominican salon know that they dont use many products on your hair to acheive the light bouncy look, but Im wondering what products u use in the days after to maintain the look as well as the moisture in the hair?

Ive never had a blow out but when it was flat ironed, the moisture would stay in my hair with just a tiny bit of oil or serum/polish applied daily till my next wash. I had this done friday and my hair still feels soft and silky.

any thoughts?

after I wash it it will be back to protective styles anyway but Im just curious....

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually serum or some type of oil. I like light and bouncy but dry looking NO

I either added no at all products, or just a light serum (biosilk or aveda serum for hair)

Back